cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to substitute numerically evaluated value in explicit function

ptc-5051564
1-Newbie

How to substitute numerically evaluated value in explicit function

In the attached simple calculations, I am performing the explicit calculations to evaluate the Oxygen variable that is defined by an expression containing BODr variable. I added the symbolic equal sign after the definition of the BODr variable to substitute its evaluated value.

The question is how the variable BODr can be substituted as 7429 kg/day(numerically evaluated value) and not as the symbolically evaluated value. I am using MathCAD 14.

Oxygen Calculations.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

The symbolic processor doesn't handle units well, explicitly stating the mg to kg & L to m^3 relationships does seem to work in mathcad 15 & shoould be readable in 14

Capture.PNG

Regards

Andy

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

The symbolic processor doesn't handle units well, explicitly stating the mg to kg & L to m^3 relationships does seem to work in mathcad 15 & shoould be readable in 14

Capture.PNG

Regards

Andy

Thank you for the solution. It works well . But I encountered the same problem with different variable Csc, where it is substituted in the explicit equation as kg/day while it would be preferable to be in mg/L units. Any suggestions.

Best Regards

Ratio.jpg

Wouldn't the same trick work again? Redefine kg and m^3 accordingly before evaluating RATIO.

MC doesn't asccept the statement m^3=1000L.

Mohammad Sutari wrote:

MC doesn't asccept the statement m^3=1000L.

Thats true, but it will accept m:=10*L^(1/3)

Top Tags