cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

How to synchronize all this images?

Mathcad111
11-Garnet

How to synchronize all this images?

please check attached mathcad file, if you see each column are slightly shifting (some constant amount of shift) but to sync. all those columns ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Would the attached file help?

B1.pngB2.png

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

We need the image.txt file!

sorry for that!

Try work with matrix

2im.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Mathcad111)

Hi,

The term "synchronize" only creates confusion and is not really appropriate since it is used for temporal events such as synchronizing clocks. Here, it is a question of intervening on an image and modifying it. You could use the  Mathcad's "warp" operator to deform the image, otherwise I wouldn't know what to do.

Would the attached file help?

B1.pngB2.png

Yes definitely, thanks a lot Werner_E

Please keep in mind that the method I use is very bold and has no technical meaning.

I define as "center" of each data column the position between the highest and lowest value.

Then I align all those 16 "centers" at a position you can chose (the second argument of the function I provided) and then deal with the upper and the lower part of the data in completely different ways - stretching and compressing the data as needed. Its not a uniform transformation for the whole data column.

Best seen in the plot below which shows the transformation for the second data column (index 1). Notice the bend at the "center" position in the blue curve. The left part is stretched and the right part compressed which means that there is a significant frequency change at the new "center" position which might be undesirable.

Not sure what this means for your application but I guess there sure should be a better method to achieve the desired result.

B.png

yes i know, but its simple method for linearizing any images but as per application, yes there some small correction need to be done.

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Werner_E)

Hi,

The phase in an image has great importance, so I would use the module instead of the real part. From the original image, I would extract the phase of each pixel which, then , I would multiply exp(i*phase(j,k)) by each Data.sync element in order to obtain the modified image with the same content of the phase of the original image. The result in this case, however, changes very littleNewImg.jpg

can you upload its mathcad file ?

-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:Mathcad111)

Hi,

NewImg1.jpg

Top Tags