cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

How to work with data file greater than 2 GB

aandreev
1-Newbie

How to work with data file greater than 2 GB

I need to analise data files with dimension greater than 2 GB. Is there any solution allowing MathCAD to operate with such a big files?

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

In what format the data are written? Have you tried to use the built function READ (READEXCEL, READCSV, READFILE)? And what version of Mathcad are you using?

The data are in the ASCII format - this is just a set of numbers and letters. What I need to do is to reformat this file to allow it to be read by another program. I use very simple input - right click by mouse/Insert/File Input - the version is MathCAD 15.0.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II
(To:aandreev)

Andrey Andreev wrote:

The data are in the ASCII format - this is just a set of numbers and letters. What I need to do is to reformat this file to allow it to be read by another program. I use very simple input - right click by mouse/Insert/File Input - the version is MathCAD 15.0.

Andrey

If the data is structured in relatively small blocks, then it might be possbile to use a component to process it a block at a time, thus possibly avoiding any memory problems ... don't know, haven't tried it ... yet.

Stuart

Stuart,

The problem is that I cannot restructure my initial data file into a number of smaller files. If that would be the case I would be able to use some other software like Excel for example. Unfortunately, not Excel or other soft which I know cannot handle such big-dimension files. I thought that MathCAD can do this...

Andrey

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:aandreev)

Mathcad 15 cannot read such a large file. If the reformatting can be done by reading a small part of the file, writing part of the new file, reading the next part, etc, then as Stuart suggests it could be done using a scripted component. In fact, if that is possible and you don't need the calculation capabilities of Mathcad, then it could be done just using a VBscript

Mathcad Prime 64 bit might be able to read the file. I have the 32bit version, so I can't say for sure.

Top Tags