cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Hurra, my Mathcad 11 runs under Windows 10

greining
1-Newbie

Hurra, my Mathcad 11 runs under Windows 10

Hallo,

when I tried to install Mathcad 11 on a new Computer with Windows 8.1, everything went wrong, no chance. On my old notebook with Windows 7 the program worked correctly.

Some days ago i upgraded the notebook from Win7 to Win10. And I had very much luck : mathcad 11 still works.

Then I upgraded the computer from Win8.1 to Win10 an tried to install mathcad 11. The installation went complete through, but then allways came the message "incompatible programm". Also some tries with compatible modus from win95 to win7 did not help.

I use mathcad 11 from now on on the old notebook. Better then nothing or the unloved Mathcad Prime.

The solution with the "MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK"  is too risky for me.

From Germany, Gerd-Wilhelm

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:greining)

Welcome to the club.   My Mathcad 11 runs on Win10 since Xmas.

I assume your old notebook has 32-bit OS's (win7 and Win10).

Your computer probably has win8.1 64-bit.

The C-dilla software protection that is required with the single-user MathCad 11 license uses a 32-bit Kernel driver that cannot be run on 64-bit OS's. There's the incompatibility...

It's nice that Win8.1 shows the incompatibility message. Under win7/64-bit Mathcad 11 would install and upon running it would just not start, without any message. Only digging deep into the log files could one find out what was the cause.

Luc

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:greining)

I have MC11 running under XP mode on a Win7 64 bit machine. If I upgrade to Win 10 that would kill it, but I do also have a legacy Win XP machine with MC11 on it, so I could still get to it if I really had to. I use MC15 most of the time, so having to fire up another PC to get to MC11 would not be desirable, but I could live with it if I had to (at some point, I will have to!)

It's no longer possible to license MC11, so there can no longer be any new installations. Those with access to MC11 are a small club, and it's going to get smaller with time

Gerd-Wilhelm Reining wrote:

The solution with the "MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK"  is too risky for me.

Why is risky?

Top Tags