cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Hyperlink in Mathcad Prime 5.0

GoldenFeng
2-Guest

Hyperlink in Mathcad Prime 5.0

When I make a Mathcad file with 30 pages or more, it is hard for me to relocate some specific pages. So, is there anyway to create a hyperlink to connect 2 pages in Mathcad Prime 5.0? If not, is there anyway to jump to a specific page faster?

8 REPLIES 8

What you ask for could be done in good old real Mathcad (version 15 and below). Unfortunately Prime is in many respects a huge step backwards. While there admittedly are some improvements, Prime is missing a lot of features, speed and comfort compared to real Mathcad.

The hyperlinks (a "new" feature in Prime 6) won't allow to jump to a specific region in a Prime worksheet as we were used to in Mathcad.

All you can do is using some clumsy workarounds like

.) hide great parts of the calculations in collapsed areas to make navigation in the sheet easier

.) if possible split your document in a separate worksheets and use the reference feature to access the definitions (this method has its limits, though).

.) I haven't tried this so I am not sure if it works, but if your pages have header or footers showing the page number you may jump to a specific page by using the search function

That’s disappointing. Thank you for the answer.

@GoldenFeng wrote:
That’s disappointing. Thank you for the answer.

Yes, its disappointing and a shame.

Even at the times of old Mathcad and Mathsoft we often demanded a mean to be able to create an automatic table of content but our wish was never heard.

But at least it was possible to create manually a table of contents where a double click brought you to the chapter you were interested in.
And some clever p
eople posted here in the forum workarounds which enabled an automatic or at least semi-automatic creation of a table of content. The approaches usually used scripted components and Mathcads hyperlink feature. Both are not implemented in Prime, though.

tietjee
14-Alexandrite
(To:GoldenFeng)

Mathcad v15 had a method to link between documents and in a document.  A program was written that automatic some the work and developed a table of contents with the links.  Prime 6 does allow for links between documents.  Not a lot of help for big documents.  There are something that PTC does not understand.

David

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl
(To:GoldenFeng)

It's not a real hyperlink, but Include might be useful for you.

https://help.ptc.com/mathcad/en/#page/PTC_Mathcad_Help%2Fto_reference_worksheets.html

I’ve tried this method, but encountered some new issues. When I revised some defined parameters in reference, the relevant value didn’t change in referenced file even if I saved that. It seems like this link is not real-time.

Gordon

Guess you'll have to recalculate the calling main sheet (Ctrl-F9 or F5).

Yeah, you are right. Thanks, it’s pretty helpful.

Gordon
Top Tags