cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I THREW OUT MY OLD DISK!! I AM MOVING MATHCAD 14.0 TO A NEW MACHINE. I OBTAINED A NEW LICENSE FILE FROM PTC..NOW WHEN I INSTALL ITS HUNG UP AT A "VERIFY UPGRADE" SCREEN AND ASKING FOR OLD PRODUCT CODE OR OLD MEDIA LOCATION WHAT SHOULD I DO?

tbaker
1-Newbie

I THREW OUT MY OLD DISK!! I AM MOVING MATHCAD 14.0 TO A NEW MACHINE. I OBTAINED A NEW LICENSE FILE FROM PTC..NOW WHEN I INSTALL ITS HUNG UP AT A "VERIFY UPGRADE" SCREEN AND ASKING FOR OLD PRODUCT CODE OR OLD MEDIA LOCATION WHAT SHOULD I DO?

12 REPLIES 12
dschenken
21-Topaz I
(To:tbaker)

A) Buy a new license

B) Beg very nicely.

If you choose A, then feel free to find a better place to save the disk.

THEY SENT ME A NEW LICENSE PACK WHY WOULDNT THEY HELP ME THRU THIS HURDLE...IS THIS A COMMON CRY ON THE BOARDS

dschenken
21-Topaz I

You can search if you like, but I don't recall seeing anyone saying they threw away the item that provides proof of ownership of the software. This on both PTC User and PTC Community, going back what now must be 20 years.

If you contact the licensing group and beg nicely, they may help. Have they specifically refused already? I can also see that they'll want you to upgrade to Prime or have current maintenance, but be unable to send MC14 media.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

WHAT SHOULD I DO?

You could start by not posting in all caps. Shouting rarely helps to get a solution. You are communicating 99% with the Mathcad community here, not with PTC, so shouting at us will not achieve much.

What OS are you trying to install MC14 on?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RichardJ)

I don't think the OS matters here.

My interpretation is that Tom bought Mathcad 14 as an upgrade, and he threw away the ID of the Mathcad version he was upgrading from. He probably didn't throw away the Mathcad 14 install disk since he was able to install mathcad 14 (but he could have downloaded the M011 version?). Anyway, his license file says it's an upgrade, and upgrade editions require proof of licensing validity of the previous product version during installation: either a (physical) installation disk, or a valid product code.

Luc

I don't know whether it will help or not: but looking at my installation (rev 15), in the Mathcad>>Help>> about. pop-up.

at the bottom there is a box labelled 'Product Code'.

It may not be related, but there is a chance that the new installation may accept this (and if the old machine is still available).

Andy

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:AndyWesterman)

If my assumption is right, Tom needs the product code or the installation disk of the version of Mathcad he owned before Mathcad 14...

Tom,

if your license file contains info similar to the following one (i.e. you own locked license), then I suggest you to download Mathcad 15.0 from PTC website, install it and link it to the license file. Mathcad 15.0 is direct successor of Mathcad 14.0, I hope you wil be able to use it.

Martin Hanak

#**************************************** Summary Table *******************************************************
# PTC Host ID xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
#FeatureName Qty Product Release Type Expiration Contract
#**************************************************************************************************************
#254 1 Mathcad Image Processing Prime 3.1 Ext perm 3A1834213
#255 1 Mathcad Data Analysis Prime 3.1 Ext perm 3A1834213
#256 1 Mathcad Signal Processing Prime 3.1 Ext perm 3A1834213
#257 1 Mathcad Wavelets Prime 3.1 Ext perm 3A1834213
#MATHCAD 1 Mathcad Prime 3.1 Lic perm 3A1834213

#--------------------------------------------------------------------------
#START: License File for HOST ID xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

#################### Extension ###########################
# Serviceable = Mathcad Extensions
# Feature Name = 254
# Feature Version = 23.0
# Number of Copies = uncounted
# Expiration Date = permanent
# Module = Mathcad Image Processing
INCREMENT 254 ptc_d 23.0 permanent uncounted \
# Feature Name = 255
# Feature Version = 23.0
# Module = Mathcad Data Analysis
INCREMENT 255 ptc_d 23.0 permanent uncounted \
# Feature Name = 256
# Feature Version = 23.0
# Module = Mathcad Signal Processing
INCREMENT 256 ptc_d 23.0 permanent uncounted \
# Feature Name = 257
# Feature Version = 23.0
# Module = Mathcad Wavelets
INCREMENT 257 ptc_d 23.0 permanent uncounted \
#################### LOCKED License #####################
# Serviceable = Mathcad
# Feature Name = MATHCAD
# Feature Version = 23.0
# Optional Modules = WLO
INCREMENT MATHCAD ptc_d 23.0 permanent uncounted \
#END: License File for HOST ID xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx

Martin Hanák
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MartinHanak)

A license file for 14 will not work for 15.

That's right.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Have you opened a new "Case" for PTC's technical support ("Mathcad Support Center": http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_supportCenter.htm )? Knowing your contract number they could help restore your old product code.

tbaker
1-Newbie

I was able to retrieve the old license no from the registry of my previous computer...thank god I didn't chuck that as well...all is good, software is running

Top Tags