cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I activated my license, but the document still showing that my program is express version

yoohooos
11-Garnet

I activated my license, but the document still showing that my program is express version

I activated my license by clicking activate>configure product to use existing license> check Mathcad Prime 6.0.0.0>file:[license file path]> then they said it's done.

Annotation 2020-04-30 211748.png

But then it's still saying that my program is an express version. and many functions are still locked.

Annotation 2020-04-30 211912.png

Is this what it's supposed to be for a student version? If not, how ca  I fix them? Thank you very much!

3 REPLIES 3

@yohooos, If you have a valid license then, you wont see express in the top of the Worksheet.

Click M (top left corner) > Options > License tab and see that status of the license. You can open the license file that you have received or browsed and check for what version the license is compatible? If its compatible with Mathcad Prime 6.0, then you should be able to run any version of the Prime application using that license. If its compatible with Prime 5.0 then you can not run Mathcad Prime 6.0 using that license. You can run only Prime 5.0 and older version.

Also check the host id listed on the license, cross check if that matches with Mac address of your machine. Open command prompt and type getmac to check the mac address of your machine.

Do Share the screen shot of license tab which would give more information as to why the application is not considering the license.

XN_10549151
4-Participant
(To:yoohooos)

This is a bit of an old post but for anyone else that needs a solution make sure you're connected to the network that the license is on. I work from home and I have to remote into my company network to access any projects. Today I forgot and my access to Mathcad was revered to the express version. Even though I relinked my license it did not give me full access until I was on the network. Hope that helps!

JKT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:XN_10549151)

There is also another little catch: You have to force re-calculation of the entire file. That is when the upgraded license is noticed.

Top Tags