cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

I can not deinstall Mathcad PDSi viewable support

FE12345
2-Guest

I can not deinstall Mathcad PDSi viewable support

Hi,

i installed PTC Mathcad Express to quickly check a file. I couldnt open it so i wanted to delete Mathcad. I am not able to deinstall it until now. I get this issue at the attached picture. However i can deinstall the programs "ptc mathcad prime 6.0.0.0" and "ptc diagnostic tools. I even reinstalled everything, still i get the same error.

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:FE12345)

I don't have that file on that location, but I am able to de-install the same version (9.0.0) of the PDSi.

Maybe the difference is, that I left Prime sitting on my computer....

An explanation for the error you have could be that in order to de-install the PDSi, another file of the Prime installation is required. (Error messages aren't always extremely accurate.)

You may want to try the following:

Re-install Prime 6 express. Then de-install the PDSi, then de-install Prime.

Success!
Luc

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Incidentally... what file were you trying to open with Prime 6?

An mcd, an xmcd or an mcdx file?

Prime can only open mcdx files. The files of type mcd and xmcd can be converted, but for that Prime needs Mathcad 15 to be co-installed. Since you couldn't open the file with Prime I suspect it's one of these two.

If you just want to know what's in the file, you can post it here and ask if someone will create a pdf from it.

Success!
Luc

Hi,

it was indeed a xmcd file. I could solve my problem. I had to remove to PTC folder manually from my disk and then i was able to deinstall mathcad pdsi viewable support via CCleaner. I will buy MathCad as Student via my university shop anyway since i need it this year in a course. Thanks for the fast replies.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Note you can only buy Prime, but after installing and licensing Prime, you can download Mathcad 15, install it and license it with the very same license file as used for Prime.

Success!
luc

Top Tags