cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

I can`t plot of ellipse in Mathcad 15

jjjjvb
1-Newbie

I can`t plot of ellipse in Mathcad 15

I get only half of графика in Cartesian coordinates because of a root, depending on a sign expression. I could not do anything at all polar coordinates.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:jjjjvb)

You plot it parametrically

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Your formula for r(phi) is incorrect and does not produce an ellipse in polar coordinates.

You also reversed r and phi in your polar graph.

You can produce the ellipse by adding -f(x) to your xy graph.

I strongly suggest that you read the Help file on using graphs in general.

see example.

Thank you. I`d like to know whether it`s possible to plot continuous graphic for Cartesian coordinates i.e. without adding -f(x) ?

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

You plot it parametrically

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

jvm jjjvb schrieb:

Thank you. I`d like to know whether it`s possible to plot continuous graphic for Cartesian coordinates i.e. without adding -f(x) ?

Unfortunately Mathcad is not able to plot implicit functions directly - you have to resort to the workarounds others have shown here.

I remember vaguely a thread in the old collab (which has been moved over and merged into this forum here very, very poorly and faulty by PTC stuff) about automatically transforming implicit functions so they can be plotted by mathcad.

You may search the forum for "plot implicit function". But as far as I remember it was neither easy nor comfortable nor perfect.

Werner

Top Tags