cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

I congratulate everyone on the day of the chemist!

ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

I congratulate everyone on the day of the chemist!

And we are all chemists a little or a lot.
The word Chemist in Russia has two meanings. Firstly, it is a chemistry teacher at school or university (химик is a man, химичка is a woman), a chemical worker and a scientist. Secondly, a "chemist" is a person who does a little "chemistry". Example. I have to pay tax, but naturally I don’t want to do it. I believe that the state is spending my money incorrectly. I will "cheat" (похимичу - do chemistry) a little and pay less than required by law.

NA.png

Chemist's Day, October 23rd, is also my birthday. Today I turned exactly 73 years old. It is easy to remember - in SI there are 7 basic units of measurement, and in the CGS - three.

PS By the way, the word mol (моль) in Russian is both the amount of a substance and an insect that flies in the house and can eat a fur coat. This insect does not like chemistry - naphthalene.

PPS But I'm a real chemist. See for example

Chemical Kinetics with Mathcad and Maple | Viktor Korobov | Springer

5 REPLIES 5

Werner_E_0-1634958066883.png

Thanks, Werner!

More correct NA:

NA-new.png

Belated happy birthday valery...🥞

@ValeryOchkov wrote:

Chemist's Day, October 23rd, is also my birthday. Today I turned exactly 73 years old. It is easy to remember - in SI there are 7 basic units of measurement, and in the CGS - three.

С днем рождения, Валерий!

73?  The Prime of your life!  And a Star number, at that.

Oh, and as it's Chemist's Day, 73 is also the atomic number of Tantalum, without which we would not be communicating like this and crunching numbers prodigiously from the comfort of our homes.

Stuart

Happy belated birthday, Valery!

I manage the Creo and PTC Mathcad YouTube channels for PTC, as well as all PTC Mathcad marketing in general.
Top Tags