cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have had a Mathcad web site for some time.

Highlighted

I have had a Mathcad web site for some time.

Now I find that I cannot post a Mathcad file with an XML extension.  It does not come up and I am told it has no  style elements associated with it.  Any help here would be appreciated

Tags (1)
21 REPLIES 21

Re: I have had a Mathcad web site for some time.

You can create rar, zip etc files and post its.

Hi,

use How to Attach a File to a Discussion Reply procedure to attach a file.

MH

Martin Hanák

I realize that.  I can also create pdf files.  Why can I not use Mathcad XML files in a web site file ?  Looks like PTC has taken yet another step in reducing the usefulness of Mathcad

I assume you are trying to post a .xmcd file, which is in XML format.   I struggled with this one for quite awhile myself before finding a solution.

The problem is not Mathcad, but your browser.  The browser looks in the file and sees that it is an XML file and overrides the behavior defined by HTML for opening .xmcd files.  My browsers actually open the XML for viewing and editing.  Such a pain.

My solution: Save your files in the compressed Mathcad format with an .xmcdz extension.  This compresses the file to a binary format that won't trip up your browser.  The file will then open properly by starting Mathcad and opening the file.

Jeff

NOTE: Mathcad Prime doesn't have this problem because Prime files are binary and not XML.  This was a good move on PTC's part.  I never understood the benefit of storing Mathcad worksheets as XML files.

Change the .mcdx extension to .zip, and unzip it. XML! The problem is that Prime then can't read the file.

The reason for XML was that it's human readable. The argument was that calculations done in Mathcad would still be retrievable years in the future, even if Mathcad no longer existed as a product.

Ha - so much like the latest MS Office format (e.g. .docx).

Thanks very much

Actually I spoke too soon.  I did as you suggested but I get the same result when I log onto the web site and click on the offending file.  I am using Windows 7 and Mathcad 15