cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

I need some help with a transmission line problem.

JohnArcher
7-Bedrock

I need some help with a transmission line problem.

Mathcad M040 does not like my file. Is there a better way of doing this?

6 REPLIES 6
-MFra-
21-Topaz II
(To:JohnArcher)

You should present the formula in its general form, that is, you should not use the numbers but the constants corresponding with the appropriate unit of measure, as in the following example.

... Ansonsten, mit der Flut von Zahlen, du verrückt wirst ...= Otherwise, with the flood of numbers, you go crazy

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

What is the end goal? Why do you need the series?

As an aside, you should not use the float keyword to control the precision of the displayed results (which is what I assume you are using it for). It controls the precision of the entire calculation, not just the results, so float,4 gives very low precision arithmetic.

Thank you, Richard and Ansonsten.

This is part of the design process for arc mitigation effect upon aircraft wiring caused by ordinance damage,maintenance mechanical damage or weapon release. It is something that I have picked up again since my retirement from the JSF program office EMC work; prodded by a friend at Raytheon. I will be 80 in a few days and have more time to think and play.

I have completed the full algebraic solution of the non-quiescent transmission line equations for the problem, designed and built the magnetics and I expect a patent to be granted on or before Apri 30 of 2016.

My aim is a full solution of Zin(0,s) and I(x,s) rather than the approximation that I have used to get the physical design started.

Perhaps I have to solve for parts of A1(s) and add them.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

You can get a series expansion for both the numerator and denominator using the collect keyword. You can also get the coefficients in a vector using the coeffs keyword..

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

I have developed something about the power lines. Here below I carry a part..

Some lines are in italian.I do not know if it might interest you.

Click image to enlarge.

Unlimited Line analysis.jpg

Unlimited Line analysis 1.jpg

Certainly this is not the solution to your problem but it is only an indication or tip to find the right one.

Thank you all for your help. I was investigating a "what if" load fault and got too smart for myself.

I solved the problem yesterday after many days doing other things; we are enlarging our house. The simple answer that I expected, appeared.

Top Tags