Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to identify wheter it is right

Re: I want to identify wheter it is right

You jump from one question to the next without solving the former quicker than I can follow. You still are not willing to engage in Mathcad's basics and still use ranges where you should use vectors, which is the reason for the result which bothers you. I fear I can't help anymore.

I am very sorry to bother you.

on last, Could I ask you?

Is it possible to look 'calcuation process' in mathcad?

I heard that it is possible in case of matlab.

I want to look 'calculation process' to check right or wrong.

I am sorry but I don't understand your question.

Could it be that you are looking for soemthing like the "trace" command? Thats available in Mathcad 15 and below but not in Prime. If you want to have a look at intermediate results of a self written iteration you have to collect those results in a vector and return this vector as the program result.

Werner Exinger wrote:

Could it be that you are looking for soemthing like the "trace" command? Thats available in Mathcad 15 and below but not in Prime. If you want to have a look at intermediate results of a self written iteration you have to collect those results in a vector and return this vector as the program result.

I think you should market your Kristallkugel:-)

I've used a Kalman filter to combine your prediction with the outcome of two independent measurements. I cast some bones (Napier's, naturally) and read some chicken entrails - the chicken wasn't particularly happy about the latter and the result was quite noisy.

Anotherr method I find useful in such cases is to do a line by line iterative evaluation at worksheet level to check the logic before wrapping it up into a function. This allows easier checking of all the variables. Another consideration is the level of Mathcad skills expected for the task and what is trying to teach - it may be that problem involves learning iteration.

Stuart

StuartBruff wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

I've used a Kalman filter to combine your prediction with the outcome of two independent measurements. I cast some bones (Napier's, naturally) and read some chicken entrails - the chicken wasn't particularly happy about the latter and the result was quite noisy.

Guess thats the professional way of doing it 🙂

Anotherr method I find useful in such cases is to do a line by line iterative evaluation at worksheet level to check the logic before wrapping it up into a function. This allows easier checking of all the variables. Another consideration is the level of Mathcad skills expected for the task and what is trying to teach - it may be that problem involves learning iteration.

If we could see the first two iteration steps on worksheet level it sure would be easier to guess what is needed. So far we still don't know which task should be achieved and if the goal is solving a specific problem or showing the ability to program a 2-dimensinal iteration.

Werner Exinger wrote:

StuartBruff wrote:

Aber naturlich! If you regard chickens as functions then you can curry(*) them or apply a soup transform quite easily ... I haven't worked out the inverse of the soup transform, though.

(*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currying

Werner Exinger wrote:

If we could see the first two iteration steps on worksheet level it sure would be easier to guess what is needed. So far we still don't know which task should be achieved and if the goal is solving a specific problem or showing the ability to program a 2-dimensinal iteration.

I don't have Mathcad Prime, so I can't see what's in the mcdx sheets, but his "ex.xlsx" spreadsheet is pretty easy to replicate in Mathcad, so I presume it's different in his Prime worksheet? But, yes, if you don't know what the problem is then can be hard to come up with the correct solution!

Stuart

Aber naturlich! If you regard chickens as functions then you can curry(*) them or apply a soup transform quite easily ... I haven't worked out the inverse of the soup transform, though.

Practicle, applied math at its best!

I don't have Mathcad Prime, so I can't see what's in the mcdx sheets, but his "ex.xlsx" spreadsheet is pretty easy to replicate in Mathcad, so I presume it's different in his Prime worksheet? But, yes, if you don't know what the problem is then can be hard to come up with the correct solution!

Stuart

In case you are interested I attach pdf's of the last two sheets sent by jinsuk Lee.

Highlighted

Hmm. Thanks, but will probably take more reading time than I have available at the moment.

Stuart

Announcements