cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

I want to identify wheter it is right

jlee-2
1-Newbie

I want to identify wheter it is right

I am trying to express in case of 'variable two'

I tried to identify my answer wheter it is right by using excel.

But I don't know well. I think my answer is wrong.

Could you examine thath it is right?

I attached my files.

Thank you for reading my question

17 REPLIES 17
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:jlee-2)

We cannot tell if you are doing something right if you don't tell us what you want to achieve!

You will have to explain what intend to do with your function xe(j). It seems that y2() is never user (ands its the same as x2() anyway and x and y will always be of same value. So it doesn't seem to make much sense to use y anyway.

Why don't you use Google translate to help you to more clearly state what you want?

In the meantime I had consulted my crystal ball to find out what may be after and I hope the attachment is of help.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:Werner_E)

Werner Exinger wrote:

We cannot tell if you are doing something right if you don't tell us what you want to achieve!

You will have to explain what intend to do with your function xe(j). It seems that y2() is never user (ands its the same as x2() anyway and x and y will always be of same value. So it doesn't seem to make much sense to use y anyway.

Why don't you use Google translate to help you to more clearly state what you want?

In the meantime I had consulted my crystal ball to find out what may be after and I hope the attachment is of help.

Wow, maybe we need to collaborate our crystal balls

I was about to attempt this, but your attempt is nothing like I had in mind. A better explanation is required or at least the results he is expecting.

What jinsuk Lee is showing, sure is just a work in progress. He has asked similar questions before and I already pointed him to root and also to the solve block. But maybe because of a combination of lack of basic Mathcad knowledge and great difficulties to understand (my) English he(?) still sticks to his method of incrementing his variable by 0.1 until it exceeds a certain function value. Maybe he is doing this because it was the only way he found out doing it in Excel as his attached spreadsheet suggests.

As he is introducing two functions x2 and y2 now and obviously is solving for both variables x and y, I deduced (in fact my crystal ball did) he intends to change y2 to be different from x2 later and will then be searching for the values of x and y with x2()=x and y(2)=y which will give him some sort of threshold.

It sure would help if he could explain better what he is trying to achieve and what his goal is at the end, rather than posting an attempt and asking if its correct.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

jinsuk Lee wrote:

I am trying to express in case of 'variable two'

I tried to identify my answer wheter it is right by using excel.

But I don't know well. I think my answer is wrong.

Could you examine thath it is right?

I attached my files.

Thank you for reading my question

Are you trying to highlight the values of x2 which are less than the corresponding x value?

this file is my work.

I have experience difficult.

I mistake.

mu is 2/29, 3.5/29 ... 27.5/29, 29/29

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

You're trying to crate a vector of mu using i as an index. Your second mu in the list above is 3.5/29. so you asked i to be 1, 2.5 and so on. But 2.5 can't be a vector index, the index has to be integers.

But you have other problems: need to define phi, and a few other bits.

I've changed 1 thru 4 so they'll work, but Whether thet're correct . . . ?

jlee-2
1-Newbie

I forgot CL, CD value definition.

CL is 1.04, CD is 0.08

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Can it be that part of your homework is that you get yourself familiar with Mathcad? You sure haven't done that part as thourogh as you should have done and I strongly suggest that you catch up on that. Learn about ranges and vectors, function definition and their dependencies and the possibilities Mathcad offers to numerically solve system of equations (solve block). You may look up some features in the built-in help (which is incomplete and very uncomfortable to navigate) or use whatever resource you can lay your hand on.

Then you may start by correctly defining your functions considering their dependencies, beginning with

2.png

Then go on with sigma, H, g1 and g2. Notice that g1 and g2 will be dependend on 5 arguments.

Then create a solve block to solve your two equations a=g1/(1+g1) and a'=g2/(1+g2) for a and a' and turn this solve block into a a function depending on a mu, r and c by typing res_(mu,r,c):=Find(a,a') at the end of the block. res_ ist just an arbitrary function name I had chosen.

Now you can solve for a and a' for any given triple of mu, r, c.

Only now is the time to define vectors for mu, r, and c which can be done in various ways

3.png

or you first define just r and then its easy to calculate mu and c with r.

Don't let mu run up to 1 because Phi will be zero, sin(Phi)=0, too, and you get a division by zero when calculating f.tip.

No you can call your function res_() with the three vectors as arguments, vectorize the call and the result is a nested vector consisting of 2x1 matrices.

If you have troubles separating the a and a' values, post your sheet and ask again.

At the end you should be able to create a table like the following. Only if my crystal ball was right about what you are really searching for and I am also not sure if I have interpreted or you haven given your functions correctly.

1.png

Hope you understand that we won't do your complete homework here as this would render that homework useless, especially for you yourself.

Thank you for advice.

Actually, I can't understand well. But I think to know what i can do.

I am trying to solve my work. But I don't know well why degree is weird.

I attached my file. I want to know the reason why degree is [19*1].

I am concerned about it for one hour. But I don't know well.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You jump from one question to the next without solving the former quicker than I can follow. You still are not willing to engage in Mathcad's basics and still use ranges where you should use vectors, which is the reason for the result which bothers you. I fear I can't help anymore.

I am very sorry to bother you.

on last, Could I ask you?

Is it possible to look 'calcuation process' in mathcad?

I heard that it is possible in case of matlab.

I want to look 'calculation process' to check right or wrong.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I am sorry but I don't understand your question.

Could it be that you are looking for soemthing like the "trace" command? Thats available in Mathcad 15 and below but not in Prime. If you want to have a look at intermediate results of a self written iteration you have to collect those results in a vector and return this vector as the program result.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Werner Exinger wrote:

Could it be that you are looking for soemthing like the "trace" command? Thats available in Mathcad 15 and below but not in Prime. If you want to have a look at intermediate results of a self written iteration you have to collect those results in a vector and return this vector as the program result.

I think you should market your Kristallkugel:-)

I've used a Kalman filter to combine your prediction with the outcome of two independent measurements. I cast some bones (Napier's, naturally) and read some chicken entrails - the chicken wasn't particularly happy about the latter and the result was quite noisy.

Anotherr method I find useful in such cases is to do a line by line iterative evaluation at worksheet level to check the logic before wrapping it up into a function. This allows easier checking of all the variables. Another consideration is the level of Mathcad skills expected for the task and what is trying to teach - it may be that problem involves learning iteration.

Stuart

StuartBruff wrote:

Werner Exinger wrote:

I've used a Kalman filter to combine your prediction with the outcome of two independent measurements. I cast some bones (Napier's, naturally) and read some chicken entrails - the chicken wasn't particularly happy about the latter and the result was quite noisy.

Guess thats the professional way of doing it 🙂

Anotherr method I find useful in such cases is to do a line by line iterative evaluation at worksheet level to check the logic before wrapping it up into a function. This allows easier checking of all the variables. Another consideration is the level of Mathcad skills expected for the task and what is trying to teach - it may be that problem involves learning iteration.

If we could see the first two iteration steps on worksheet level it sure would be easier to guess what is needed. So far we still don't know which task should be achieved and if the goal is solving a specific problem or showing the ability to program a 2-dimensinal iteration.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Werner Exinger wrote:

StuartBruff wrote:

Aber naturlich! If you regard chickens as functions then you can curry(*) them or apply a soup transform quite easily ... I haven't worked out the inverse of the soup transform, though.

(*) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Currying

Werner Exinger wrote:

If we could see the first two iteration steps on worksheet level it sure would be easier to guess what is needed. So far we still don't know which task should be achieved and if the goal is solving a specific problem or showing the ability to program a 2-dimensinal iteration.

I don't have Mathcad Prime, so I can't see what's in the mcdx sheets, but his "ex.xlsx" spreadsheet is pretty easy to replicate in Mathcad, so I presume it's different in his Prime worksheet? But, yes, if you don't know what the problem is then can be hard to come up with the correct solution!

Stuart

Aber naturlich! If you regard chickens as functions then you can curry(*) them or apply a soup transform quite easily ... I haven't worked out the inverse of the soup transform, though.

Practicle, applied math at its best!

I don't have Mathcad Prime, so I can't see what's in the mcdx sheets, but his "ex.xlsx" spreadsheet is pretty easy to replicate in Mathcad, so I presume it's different in his Prime worksheet? But, yes, if you don't know what the problem is then can be hard to come up with the correct solution!

Stuart

In case you are interested I attach pdf's of the last two sheets sent by jinsuk Lee.

StuartBruff
23-Emerald II

Hmm. Thanks, but will probably take more reading time than I have available at the moment.

Stuart

Top Tags