cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

I want to know 'How to combine two 3D plots in a single 3D plot'

vveeran
4-Participant

I want to know 'How to combine two 3D plots in a single 3D plot'

Dear all,

I want to combine two 3D plots (M, N, V) and (M1, N1, V1)

into a single 3D plot in Mathcad.

I attached my code below.

Could anyone help me

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

You are plotting way too many points in the combined plot 400,002 points.  This will take Mathcad forever to plot.

Enclosed is a program that samples every five points of M,N,V and M1,N1,V1 into shorter arrays Ms,Ns,Vs, and Ms1,Ns1,Vs1.  It takes Mathcad minutes to show finally the plots of these two curves in a 3D plot.  Each plot can have its own appearance.  Here I chose red and blue scatter plots.   I am not sure how long it will take if you leave MathCad to plot the 400,002 points

The bottom left of the 3d graph is like this (Ms,Ns,Vs),(Ms1,Ns1,Vs1)  Hope this helps

Without undue difficulties, we can do a quick calculation if you reduce the number of integration steps.PhasePortrait.png

Viktor

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ViktorKorobov
13-Aquamarine
(To:vveeran)

See attached file.

Viktor

Hi,

You are plotting way too many points in the combined plot 400,002 points.  This will take Mathcad forever to plot.

Enclosed is a program that samples every five points of M,N,V and M1,N1,V1 into shorter arrays Ms,Ns,Vs, and Ms1,Ns1,Vs1.  It takes Mathcad minutes to show finally the plots of these two curves in a 3D plot.  Each plot can have its own appearance.  Here I chose red and blue scatter plots.   I am not sure how long it will take if you leave MathCad to plot the 400,002 points

The bottom left of the 3d graph is like this (Ms,Ns,Vs),(Ms1,Ns1,Vs1)  Hope this helps

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

Without undue difficulties, we can do a quick calculation if you reduce the number of integration steps.PhasePortrait.png

Viktor
vveeran
4-Participant
(To:ViktorKorobov)

Thanks a lot Viktorrobov for your reply.

But, I have some doubt in plotting 2 3D plots.

When I draw 2 3D plots,  plot 1 is plotted using lines from appearence tab

and the plot 2 is plotted using wireframe from appearence tab. 

In the appearence tab, I can't find lines option in plot 2. 

I want to know, 'How to choose lines options for plot 2 from the appearence tab ?'

In plot 1, I saw the following in the appearence tab,

Line options

* Lines

* Contour lines

*No lines

whereas in plot 2, I saw the following,

Line options

*Wireframe

*contour Lines

*No lines

I can't find lines option in plot 2.

How to choose lines from the appearence tab in plot ?

I attached the code here.

Hi,

The lines options on the appearance tab change depending on what is selected in the generals tab.

You have for plot one scatter plot and for plot two surface plot.  This gives you the two different lines options.

Thanks a lot terryhendicott for your reply.

Top Tags