cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

IGetting Mathcad 12 to run

ptc-4464635
1-Newbie

IGetting Mathcad 12 to run

I'm trying to get a single user copy of Mathcad 12 to run on an old computer running Windows XP. I own copies of Mathcad 2.5, 4.0, 8.0 and 12. The program is going to be used in some work I am donating to a local non-profit. I acquired the software while working in 2005, and am now retired. The copies on the machines I used prior to retirement were all removed when I left.

The software installed without any error messages. The automatic activation window opened and ran without error. The C_DILLA directory was created, with a Safecast Product Licenses subdirectory containing a file which is modified every time I attempt to start the program. There are entries in the application logs for the event viewer saying installation was completed.

Does anyone have suggestions why the program won't run?

1 REPLY 1

Version 12 was the worst mathcad issue under MathSoft. If you can, go back to version 8 and use that.

Your other option is the 30 day free trial of version 15 (if it's still available) or Prime 2.0, which is the new issue. In fact, Prime 2 comes with a full-up version 15 since it's necessary to read old mathcad files.

At any rate veersion 12 was before PTC, so don't expect any support from the new owners.

Good luck.

Top Tags