cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Identifying coefficients, and storing them as variables

tlutze
4-Participant

Identifying coefficients, and storing them as variables

Hi,

I seem to have worn the internet thin, and have scoured posts here aswell and have not found what i'm looking for. i might have misset it, if so i apologice. Also, please excuse my english. 

So what i'm looking for is a way to have mathcad prime look at an equation and store coefficients as variables - maybe by comparing the equation to a "mask". please take a look at the attached file to see what i'm talking about.

Thank you in advance

/Tonni

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I
(To:tlutze)

If you input the equation in the right way, you can have the coefficients as a vector:

So this can be made to work with polynomials.  How would you get an equation without typing it in?

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

If you input the equation in the right way, you can have the coefficients as a vector:

So this can be made to work with polynomials.  How would you get an equation without typing it in?

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

You can do this (in Mathcad 11, something similar should work in Prime:

But this fails in Mathcad 11, because the coeffs symbolic instruction expects the expression to be a polynomial that is expressed in th argument of coeffs:

Maybe by combining the results it could be made to work...

Success!
Luc

Pretty cumbersome:

Then there's this:

or, reversing orders:

And this we might be able to use:

And finally:

Pretty good stuff!

Wouldn't have thought of that.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

I also can't think of anything else than what Luc already had shown:

[EDIT: In the meantime Fred had proved that its possible to do using a cool two step method.]

I guess it could be possible to tun those calculations into a program in Versions of Mathcad from 15 down but this sure is not possible to do in Prime as it does not allow symbolic calculations inside of a program.

Cascading also shows limitations:

but we could at least do something like

BTW, here's some kind of the reverse direction:

tlutze
4-Participant

Oh goodness, so many answers - i see i have some stuff to experiment with. Thanks

I'll look into each answer to see which best suits my needs and get back to you.

/Tonni

tlutze
4-Participant

Sorry took me some time to get back, with some fiddling i were able to make use of most of the answers. so Thank you all!
Now the dilemma is the points, since i could use most, i'm going to assign them to the first answer.

Thanx again.

/Tonni

Top Tags