cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

If function in Table

ygupta
11-Garnet

If function in Table

Hi there,

I am new to Mathcad tool and nowadays preparing a calculation sheet for Cantilever and Deflection Forces Analysis.  

Please see attached herein my query with post.

Now at first column there are two cateogries for type of span and against some type of support is given. Respenctively there are three factors (a,b,y) which need to be considered depending upon these 1st and 2nd column's values. In column three, there are two more condition like point A and B as given above. So my query is that how can I or what function do I need to use here to execute the desired output based on these criteria.

I have just starting learning Mathcad so I am wondering if anyone from the communtiy help me to figure out the correct method.

Many Thanks,

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ygupta)

Of the more than a million ways to do this, here's just one:

LM_20180919_Table.png

I'm assuming you are using Prime version 4 or higher, Prime 4 file attached.

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Of the more than a million ways to do this, here's just one:

LM_20180919_Table.png

I'm assuming you are using Prime version 4 or higher, Prime 4 file attached.

Success!
Luc

Thanks Luc. It helps. I would be interested to stay in touch with you for more lessons and useful solutions.

thanks again

@LucMeekes

One question related to your given solution. Where in we are providing Getdata function and ("Value from Table"), Can we do something that here Stype: "Value" call it automatically instead of toching the formula, we defined its value somewhere as variable and the outputs change accordingly?

See in below firgure extreme top right an example variable.

whatif.PNG

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Are you looking for this?

LM_20180924_Table.png

Success!
Luc

Hi @LucMeekes,

Great. But only question is that your value A, B .. coming outside the matric  form. How to do that. Reason been, I am using the division factor of these value further in my sheet including with  IF statement, had it been in matrices form, the statement return to an error that value must be scaler.

Did you understand my problem here ?

thanks

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

Apparently I did not understand your problem.

Please provide a worksheet with a clear indication of your problem. NOT (just) a picture.

Luc

Hi @LucMeekes

Thanks buddy. I did this myself. Actually I did not convert matric to scaler thats why I was facing an issue in sheet.

I got the solution.

thanks 

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

And here's another:

LM_20180919_Table2.png

Success!
Luc

Top Tags