cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

If statements- limits

tdinges-disable
1-Newbie

If statements- limits

I'm trying to set a limit for my Design Wind Load PPressures as 10psf and for some reason, it doesn't recognize that I want to set the limit. What am I doing wrong?
This occurs on the bottom part of the sheet for wall and roof pressures. Some of the statements may be wrong towards the bottome, the sheet is still in the works.
Thanks
4 REPLIES 4

Make sure things are defined completely.

jmG

The statements which might be the limits are disabled. So they don't do anything.

Your sheet is a bit confusing since you are using functions to represent arrays. A function of the form f(i):=Di is not really all that useful. You can usually just use Di directly. It is easier to see all the values in an array than all the values for a function. Usually the point of making a function from a vector is to interpolate between the given values, allowing the use of various constructs (like integrals) which require continuity.

You can use the max function to set a lower limit. Max(x,a) will have the value of x if x is larger than a and the value of a otherwise.

Tom,
I'm really new to this. This is my 1st sheet I've ever done.
At the beginning, you can see that I'm trying to specify different values of Kz for different heights by using the array, I think that's what its called. Is there a way to carry this array though the whole sheet without defining it as a function? You can see that this is how I'm getting values for functions out of my equations using the 0th, 1st, etc cells of the array.

Also, is there a way to only use part of the series of values if the height isn't 60 ft?..cut off some of the Kz values, say, if h is less than 40 feet.

Thanks

You can just carry the array through the calculations, using either subscripts (with range variables) or vectorization. Since your arrays are small the cost, in both space and time, for calculating all the values (rather than just the one of interest) is negligible.

You can use submatrix to select part of an array. But in your context, why? At the end you will be using one particular element (selected by subscripting) that corresponds to the data.