cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about PTC Community Badges. Engage with PTC and see how many you can earn! X

Imbedded Excel - very unstable

ejgrave
4-Participant

Imbedded Excel - very unstable

Working on a large worksheet and the embedded Excel tables become unstable after being edited. Message: "Excel is busy: Can't activate Excel...". Which means the entire worksheet stops working. Need to close the file and reopen. This feature is very convenient and I wished it worked better.

5 REPLIES 5

I vaguely remember that this was also reported by other users in the past and obviously its still not fixed.

Quite often users also report that Prime slows down to glacier speed up to not operable when the worksheet grows in size, especially with a greater number of Excel tables and graphics. As far as I know, PTC has still not addressed and remedied these complaints.

Only workaround could be to split the worksheet in a couple of smaller ones, maybe referencing each other, if appropriate.

ejgrave
4-Participant
(To:Werner_E)

Thank you for your quick reply. But splitting the worksheet defeats the purpose of having Prime since this was easily achieved with MathCAD 15. It is something PTC needs to solve. I agree with your other comment about the software slowing down to glacier speeds. It is really slow !!.

Best Regards,

But splitting the worksheet defeats the purpose of having Prime since this was easily achieved with MathCAD 15.

Its not a secret that the old MC15 is way ahead of Prime but it will be history for many of use at the end of this year 😞

It is something PTC needs to solve.

Having seen what PTC has (not) developed over the last 10+ years, I won't bet on things getting any better.

If Prime as it is now fulfils your needs, then pay for it and use it if you think its worth the money they ask for. If not, don't wait for Prime getting any better (it won't) but look for more suitable alternatives (not easy if you are used to using units and the white board interface, I know). I'm pretty sad having to say this as I love(d) Mathcad (15 and below, of course, not Prime) but PTC has shown quite clear that there is no hope for this piece of software.

Hi,

Maybe we should set up a "go-fund me page" to offer a buyout of Mathcad 15 from PTC at the end of this year?

Cheers Terry

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

Maybe we should set up a "go-fund me page" to offer a buyout of Mathcad 15 from PTC at the end of this year?

Cheers Terry

🙂

Guess this will not going to happen and it would also mean to pay Mathworks regular licence fees for the age old version of MuPad in MC15.

Top Tags