cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Impedance of a power supply

GC_9623984
2-Guest

Impedance of a power supply

Hi,

I'm newbie to mathcad and i have a issue to configure a smps and i want to find the input impedance of the power supply, my problem is that the my array INC:=1;2000 doesn't work and if i put a fixed value it say's "All evaluations resulted in either an error or a complex result". I put the pdf and the images below.

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:GC_9623984)

Welcome to this forum.

1. There's one very important thing that you forgot to attach: the Mathcad worksheet. In many cases it is essential to provide help.

2. INC:=1;1200 does NOT define INC as an array. It defines a range. A range should only be used to index into an array, to iterate and for direct plotting.

In your case, you may want to define Freq as an array. Your simplest solution should be to use the logspace() function built into mathcad. Look it up in the help.

3. You are using the constant i (defined as the value for which i^2=-1). And that is OK.

But it means that your z values will be complex. mathcad doesn't like that in plots, it only plots real values. You probably want to plot the magnitude of the complex values |z|, or the real or imaginary parts of it Re(z), Im(z).

The example of the datasheet you apparently tried to follow is attached. Adapt it to your needs and don't hesitate to come back here in case of troubles, or questions....

Success!
Luc

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:GC_9623984)

Welcome to this forum.

1. There's one very important thing that you forgot to attach: the Mathcad worksheet. In many cases it is essential to provide help.

2. INC:=1;1200 does NOT define INC as an array. It defines a range. A range should only be used to index into an array, to iterate and for direct plotting.

In your case, you may want to define Freq as an array. Your simplest solution should be to use the logspace() function built into mathcad. Look it up in the help.

3. You are using the constant i (defined as the value for which i^2=-1). And that is OK.

But it means that your z values will be complex. mathcad doesn't like that in plots, it only plots real values. You probably want to plot the magnitude of the complex values |z|, or the real or imaginary parts of it Re(z), Im(z).

The example of the datasheet you apparently tried to follow is attached. Adapt it to your needs and don't hesitate to come back here in case of troubles, or questions....

Success!
Luc

Top Tags