cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

Include worksheet having odd errors

dsochor
5-Regular Member

Include worksheet having odd errors

To simplify a project where multiple steel frames are being designed I've incorporated the use of "include worksheet" in MathCAD prime 3.1

All the worksheets include a worksheet that has basic quantities calculated, like a parent - multiple child relationship. I've now tried to have one of the child worksheets include another child worksheet and I get the errors in the attached image. Reloading the worksheet has eliminated the green error but the red error persists. The included worksheet has no errors. Are there any limitations to including worksheets that would not allow this include to work?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
dsochor
5-Regular Member
(To:dsochor)

Although the included worksheet is highlighted in red, it still allows variables to be called. this is not longer an issue

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
dsochor
5-Regular Member

Although the included worksheet is highlighted in red, it still allows variables to be called. this is not longer an issue

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III

"Are there any limitations to including worksheets that would not allow this include to work?"

There shouldn't be. But then, there are lots of things that "shouldn't be" with Prime, and maybe even more things that "should be, but aren't".

Anyway, I can't check, since including references is a "premium feature",  so not available to the Express user...

I can only suggest to set up a simple structure with few definitions as in something like:

Sheet 0 contains Asub:=1.1

Sheet 1 contains Reference to Sheet 0, and following that Bsub:=2*Asub

Sheet 2 contains Reference to Sheet1, and following that Csub:=3*Asub

Sheet 0, 1 and 2 should all work without problems.

I guess you could run into trouble when you try to include Sheet 2 as a reference into Sheet 0...

Success!

Luc

Top Tags