cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

Including pages of worksheet in program and plotting results

jbusch1
1-Newbie

Including pages of worksheet in program and plotting results

I have pages of calculations and need to loop through them and plot a simple value on an X-Y plot after each loop. Can I define a range varible at the beginning and return the result and assign it to a varible and plot the result? How?
3 REPLIES 3

Test
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jbusch1)

It's almost certainly not as simple as just defining a range variable. The right way to do this is to rewrite the worksheet in terms of functions, and then just call the final function multiple times at the end of the worksheet. That might be a lot of work though. The other way it might be possible is via a kludge using the FRAME variable used for animation. It's a little hard to describe how to do that, so if it's possible go to the Collaboratory (see my reply to your other post) and post the worksheet there. Richard

Thank you Richard, I'm going to stop using this blog, and continue with the mathsoft blog. I'm an old fart and completely new to blogs. I'll try and figure out how to post my work sheet. Thank you very much for your help! Richard
Top Tags