cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Indexing again

awibroe
14-Alexandrite

Indexing again

Hello To All,

A few of you were really helpful in pinning down my indexing problem. In the attached is part of what I have been working on in the background. Please do not get too hung up on what the overall picture is or anything until the end of the sheet, you will see that I have created a couple of tables toward the end of values and have integrated between two sets of values (column 1 of each table with matrix Z(I) to get some areas and then have integrated these areas to get a volume. I now want to do this in terms of j I.e. get 5 volumes to account for each column of the tables. Any ideas where I am going wrong?

Thanks,

Andy.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You create a 2D array b, then try to address it as a single dimension vector:

Capture.PNG

If you do the interpolation against the whole column "cntrl-shift-c", things work better:

Capture2.PNG

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
awibroe
14-Alexandrite
(To:awibroe)

PS I am using MCPrime 3 

You create a 2D array b, then try to address it as a single dimension vector:

Capture.PNG

If you do the interpolation against the whole column "cntrl-shift-c", things work better:

Capture2.PNG

awibroe
14-Alexandrite
(To:Fred_Kohlhepp)

Many Thanks Fred!

So as each is a column in the b matrix that makes allot of sense!

awibroe
14-Alexandrite

Fred,

any idea where I am going wrong in the attached? I am now trying to do the same thing again but as a function. I think the problem is now the same (my lack of understanding of the dimensions of what I am doing). Any help welcomed.

Thanks,

Andy.

You must have an integer for an array index phi = ??

Capture.PNG

awibroe
14-Alexandrite

So everything to this point seems to be working but this specific operation is not happy?

awibroe
14-Alexandrite

Capture.PNG

The function b(I,phi) does not create a vector, so the linterp in Area_b fails.  See attached

awibroe
14-Alexandrite

Thanks Fred,

Out of interest, why does the linterp for Wl(x,i,Phi) work without a vector but not the Area linterp?

Thanks,

Andy.

> why does the linterp for Wl(x,i,Phi) work without a vector

Why do you think it does?

ww(i, phi) is a 2 x 2 matrix and you use the first resp. second column of that matrix as arguments for linterp. Those columns ARE vectors (with two elements each).

Top Tags