cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Infinite/Finite sum as a special function

Terila
1-Newbie

Infinite/Finite sum as a special function

Hi all,

I was told that it is possible for MathCad to symbolically identify a special function based on a given summation expression. For example, if I were to give the infinite sum representation of a confluent hypergeometric function, it will then identify it as such with the appropriate variables.

However, I have read the manual and watch couple of videos on youtube and could not seem to find the correct symbolic evaluation command to do so. Helps would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2

So?

See the 2

http://communities.ptc.com/servlet/JiveServlet/downloadImage/2-158279-13174/450-450/Mathcad-Clock-PTC.jpg

in Mathcad Clock

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not looking for the value that an infinite sum converges to.

I'm more interested in the special function (e.g., hypergeometric, bessel, etc) that is represented by infinite/finite summation.

If I know the special function, I could find the infinite sum representation of it by using a math handbook. However, I was wondering if it is possible to go the other way around, i.e., by providing the infinite summation expression into mathcad, could I get the special function that it is representing?

Top Tags