cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Input Variables for the find function

chogan
1-Newbie

Input Variables for the find function

Hi,

I have three equations which I want to solve. The equations are made up of variables which change according to a specific angle which updates them.  I want to get the results as a vector which shows how they change according the angle which is changing the input values. Basically I want to input 10 values and get 10 answers out. But the "find" command that I am using just isnt accepting it. It only accepts one input and gives me the output, I must then go change the input to get the next output; but I want a nice set of vectors to do this in one step.

Im not sure if I explained that the best but if anyone could tell me if the find command is capable of such a thing or if theres another way to get around it..

such as a loop or something.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanyou!

Cameron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi. Valery solution is OK, but he does it for theta, not for x.

Because x isn't explicit in the solve block, must to introduce it, making all dependences of x as functions, like in the attached.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

sol.gif

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

You can create a function based on Find function.

Given

y(x):=Find...

Send us please your sheet!

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:chogan)

> could tell me if the find command is capable of such a thing

As I understood your question - yes, it should be capable of doing so, but I am not sure, because you don't show your worksheet.

The solution might be turning the solve block into a function depending on the angle by writing  functionname(angle):=find(....) and later call your function with the various angles as argument.

It would be best if you attach your worksheet here (click "Use advanced editor" at the upper right and then "Attach" at the lower right) and if you are using Prime 3.1 you should also attach a screenshot or a pdf-print of your sheet, as many of  did not bother upgrading to 3.1 (in fact many like me still use Mathcad 15 or 11 as its superior) and P3.0 can't read P3.1 files.

WE

chogan
1-Newbie

Hi,

Please find attached a copy of my mathcad, sheet. Thankyou for responding so soon.

thanks again,

cameron

Ьфн иу ыщ

Hi. Valery solution is OK, but he does it for theta, not for x.

Because x isn't explicit in the solve block, must to introduce it, making all dependences of x as functions, like in the attached.

Best regards.

Alvaro.

sol.gif

DJF
16-Pearl
16-Pearl

I think the attachment might be something like you are trying to accomplish.  It takes multiple inputs and calls the solve block as a function.  Note the Vectorization of the call.  Obviously it's just made up equations to demonstrate the concept.

(file in P3.1 but pdf included)

2016-07-08_10-08-45.jpg

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

Hi C. H.

The problem is ill-posed. It is not known what kind of equations are "at stake." It is not known how many variables are "in play", variables ... are variable, ... You should first think to properly explain the problem and then publish it..

Greetings

FM

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Guess i was too slow and was playing around with the sheet you posted here -> 

https://community.ptc.com/t5/PTC-Mathcad/Mandrel-Pull-Out1-xmcd/td-p/446438#comment-26237

So I didn't realiized that the problem was already solved by Alvaro.

Nevertheless, for whatever it may be worth, here is my sheet.

I added a small table at the end

Regards

Werner

chogan
1-Newbie

Hi,

Thankyou so much! I never expected such great feedback. Alvaro I am going to follow through with your solution.

Again many thanks,

Cameron

Top Tags