cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Help us improve the PTC Community by taking this short Community Survey! X

Inputs in MathCAD automatically syncs with CAD table values

acanoy
1-Newbie

Inputs in MathCAD automatically syncs with CAD table values

Hi,

I would like to know if someone in the community has any idea on how to sync my MathCAD inputs with my CAD table values. I have thought of 3 methods to do these and I would like to know anyone's thoughts on these.

Method 1: My inputs in MathCAD will be passed on to an embedded Excel spreadsheet which is OLE'd in the CAD detail. Is this possible?

Method 2: The CAD detail is inserted as an object in the MathCAD document and the CAD table will be in the form of an embedded excel spreadsheet in the document. Is this possible?

Method 3: An excel spreadsheet receives the input data from MathCAD and also hosts the inserted CAD object in the excel spreadsheet document. The table will now be created inside excel. Is this possible?

Which of these 3 methods is possible? Any other suggestion to make this possible?

Thanks,

Armand

1 REPLY 1
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:acanoy)

Which version of Mathcad, or is it Prime?

What is your 'CAD detail/data/object'?

Method 1. You can export Mathcad data from within a Mathcad sheet out to an existing Excel file. You have to provide the Excel sheet path, so if the excel sheet is embedded in another file, the type of which is unknown to Mathcad, I think it's not possible.

Method 2. You can insert objects into a Mathcad sheet. Whether it will be usable to perform calculations with it, depends on the type of object.

Method 3. You can export Mathcad data from within a Mathcad sheet out to an existing Excel file. You will have problems if the existing Excel sheet contains, and is required to use, Excel macros (has a .xlsm extension).

Success!
Luc

Top Tags