cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Insert button

PhilipLeitch
1-Newbie

Insert button

This may have been commented on before, but I couldn't see it.

I can't work out how to switch the cursor from the right to the left or visa versa.

That is - in Mcad 14 You could highlight a set of calculations - and it would shot the highlight with a blue underscore and cursor. The cursor could have the "end" switched from the right to the left and visa versa by pressing insert. Space would incrementally increase the size of the selection. I KNOW this is the basics - so sorry about this - I just want to be explicit.

Space does the same thing in Mcad Prime, only highlighting is literally grey-highlighting. If you are towards the beginning of the "block" (Function or variable name) it will highlight the content and leave the cursor at the left. If you are towards the end it will highlight the content and leave the cursor at the right. BUT Insert no longer switches the cursor to the left/right, and that is frustraiting. ANyone know the new key to do this?

Philip

On the Math tab, you can press Reverse Group.

Or Ctrl+Right Arrow or Ctrl+Left Arrow switches the caret to the other side of a selected group.

Mona

I would note where this is one of those things about which I wonder, "Why change that?"

There is nothing wrong with the new way of doing it, but there are a large number of users who have been Mathcad users for a long time and who have gotten used to the controls that have always been there.

As I said, there is nothing wrong with the new way of changing from one side to the other [well, the menu method is awkward, but the new keypress is OK] but why change without a clear reason to do it?

This item is not unique in this category. Many things have been altered, not all with obvious cause or benefit. Or am I missing it?

Mike
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:mthackst)

On 8/26/2009 2:10:14 PM, Michael_T wrote:
>[well, the menu method
>is awkward, but the new
>keypress is OK]

What new keypress? I can't figure out any keypress that is equivalent to the ribbon item "reverse group".

Richard
Top Tags