cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Insert > Control in MC15 Not Working

MichaelH
1-Newbie

Insert > Control in MC15 Not Working

When I try to insert a control (such as a text box or list box) in Mathcad 15.0 nothing happens.

I was able to do this in MC14, and worksheets created in MC14 or saved in MC 15 with these items work correctly. MC15 just can't create them.

Is this a known bug in MC15?

15 REPLIES 15

I have no thid Bug in my Mathcads 15 on my PC and NB!

I can insert text boxes etc ok in MC15 as well.

Alan

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:MichaelH)

I also don't have this problem (OS is XP). Try repairing the installation.

Which OS do you have?

I'm using XP. I tried re-installing MC15, but no luck.

Since controls are scriptable objects, I'm thinking it may be somehow related to that, but my security for scriptable objects is set to "low".

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Three new questions:

Can you insert a 3D graph OK? What about web controls?

Which version of 14 did you have installed when you upgraded to 15?

Which versions of dotnet do you have installed?

I can insert 3D graphs and web controls.

I do not know which version of MC14 was installed prior to installing MC15. My version of MC15 indicates it is 15.0.0.436 [006041742].

I have MS .NET framework 4.0 installed.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Since you had version 14 installed it's strange that you don't have at least one other version of dotnet installed. Did you uninstall them?

Anyway, you need dotnet 3.5. A new version will not necessarily supersede an older version, and they can all be on the PC at the same time. You should download and install it from the MS web site.

You also need MSXML 4.0 SP2

I also have .NET 3.5 and MSXML 4.0 SP2 installed.

And I've re-installed MC15, but that did not help.

At this point it is more of an annoyance and curiosity than a real issue since I have a work around.

Thank you for your help.

I stumbled across the solution to this while looking form something else in the Help files.

For some unknown reason, the components (.mcm files for text box, list box, and so on) were not "registered" in MC15 when it installed, although they were in the Mathcad folder.

The problem is solved by finding "mcmreg.exe" and opening it. A dialog box appears showing various folders. You then navigate to the folder where the .mcm files are located (typically C:\Program Files\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\mcm) and select all the .mcm files and click open. Another dialog will appear indicating that all the files were registed.

That's it.

Solved! Thank you very much

@MichaelH wrote:

I stumbled across the solution to this while looking form something else in the Help files.

For some unknown reason, the components (.mcm files for text box, list box, and so on) were not "registered" in MC15 when it installed, although they were in the Mathcad folder.

The problem is solved by finding "mcmreg.exe" and opening it. A dialog box appears showing various folders. You then navigate to the folder where the .mcm files are located (typically C:\Program Files\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\mcm) and select all the .mcm files and click open. Another dialog will appear indicating that all the files were registed.

That's it.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:manuelbarriento)

Sorry, I was away when this was brought up.  I had this problem some time ago.  It is a known issue and is documented on the PTC support knowledge base (CS32000).  Alternatively to the solution you figured out, you can open the windows command line as administrator (right click on the icon and select run as administrator), and type:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 15\mathad.exe /register

You only have to do this once and the components will be registered.  I believe this issued was fixed with Maintenance Release M045.

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

Note that you have to do this under an administrator account or you will not be able to register the components.  Our corporate install script performs this step (as admin) at the end of the automatic installation to make sure that everything works properly.

Vik80
1-Newbie

Hi,

I have tried what you suggested but unfortunately I still cannot insert file input... Any other idea?

Regards,V

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:Vik80)

Are you using Mathcad 15 M045 or M050, or an earlier version?  I believe this issue was resolved in these maintenance releases.

I use webcontrols!

Top Tags