cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can Bookmark boards, posts or articles that you'd like to access again easily! X

Install problem with MathCAD 11

NeatMachine
1-Newbie

Install problem with MathCAD 11

Hello MathCAD users,

I have MathCAD 11 and am having problems installing the program on newer computers having Windows XP Professional and Windows 7. When installing, the installation wizard takes me through the normal setup routine and asks me for an earlier version for reference. I also have MC 7 which is not installed but I input the requested product code and the install manager continues properly. At the end of the install procedure, the program shows up as installed in my windows "All Programs" listing, but when I try to open, nothing happens. That is, the program does not "launch."

Can anyone out there help resolve this? Sincerely appreciate it!

Best regards,

Dave

13 REPLIES 13

Mathcad 11 requires a license file, specific to each computer to run. Unless you are on a network and using Flex to check out licenses, you must get a license file from PTC.

Thanks for the reply. In discussing this with a PTC distributor, the PTC folks evidently can't help because MC 11 was evidently a pre-PTC release. I am not sure of the legacy string on the source of the program or how to get a license for MC11. Seems like others out there with MC11 have run into this problem. If you have any other ideas, I would appreciate your thoughts.

PTC can and does still control the licenses. Prying one loose can be a serious challenge.

PTC wants you to pay for "maintenance", and often won't address your issue unless you have a maintenance account. Search this site for licensing issues!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:NeatMachine)

In discussing this with a PTC distributor, the PTC folks evidently can't help because MC 11 was evidently a pre-PTC release.

There are documented cases where distributers have lied about things like this, in an attempt to get you to part with your money for a new version. Don't believe what they say, only what PTC says.

Which OS are you talking about? Win 7, or Win XP? MC11 will not run under Win 7.

OS = Windows XP Professional

Thanks for the reply. In discussing this with a PTC distributor, the PTC folks evidently can't help because MC 11 was evidently a pre-PTC release. I am not sure of the legacy string on the source of the program or how to get a license for MC11. Seems like others out there with MC11 have run into this problem. If you have any other ideas, I would appreciate your thoughts.

David Guza wrote:

... At the end of the install procedure, the program shows up as installed in my windows "All Programs" listing, but when I try to open, nothing happens. That is, the program does not "launch."...

Hello!

On what Windows OS it is installed Mathcad?

Hi,

OS = XP Professional

I've uploaded the following documents for version Mathcad 11 Enterprise Edition (see them, maybe they will be helpful):

1. Installation and License Management Guide.

2. Release Notes.

here: http://communities.ptc.com/docs/DOC-2327

Hello Vladimir,

I don't have enterprise edition, just a single user license. However, I was able to obtain a license from PTC but you have to obtain a "Request Code" from your software by. To do so, follwo the following steps:

In case this is a single user license, PTC needs to know the product code and request code.

The Product Code (sometimes referred to as Serial Number) is a combination of letters and numbers, starting with the letter J, and can be found on the cover of the CD or in the shipment confirmation.

The Request Code can be generated as per the followitng steps if you no longer have it:

- Close Mathcad

-

Mathcad 11: Navigate to C:\C_dilla\SafeCast Product Licenses directory (this is a hidden directory) and delete the file called BD7B8000.DAT and relaunch Mathcad

If this is an enterprise version, PTC needs to know the sales order number, Host ID and Host Name.

To identify correctly your HOST-ID, please check the following steps:

START -> run -> cmd (ENTER) -> ipconfig/all (ENTER) and with the Physical Address below the Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection there stands the HOST-ID

For all who have responded, thank you! That should end this thread.

-

Mathcad 12: Navigate to C:\C_dilla\SafeCast Product Licenses directory (this is

a hidden directory) and delete the file called

B2F45000.DAT and relaunch Mathcad

-

Mathcad 13: Navigate to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application

Data\Macrovision\SafeCast\Product Licenses

directory (this is a hidden directory)

and delete the file called

B36B6000.DAT and relaunch Mathcad

This should give you a new request code.

How to get to a hidden directory:

Start “Windows Explorer” and to go to “Tools”->”Folder Options” then to “View”.

In there you see an entry for “Hidden files and folders”. Check the box “Show hidden

files and folders”. Then you should be able to see the hidden folders.

Top Tags