cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you know you can set a signature that will be added to all your posts? Set it here! X

Installation of Add On collection Problem

ptc-1309195
1-Newbie

Installation of Add On collection Problem

I have just replaced a dead hard drive that had MC14 020 installed on it, the entire Add-On Collection for MC14. This collection came on a CD in a zip file. Extracting it gives you .exe files for all the different extension packs and libaries. However, I cannot install any of these successfully. I run the exe file, only to get a box that shows that a "network source is unavailable" and it tries to point to a .msi file. I don't have an .msi file. All I have are exe files. For example: run Mathcad14_CE_Library_setup.exe results in a dialog box asking for the following file: Mathcad Civil Engineering Library.msi What am I doing wrong? I have had these installed before, but I can't seem to remember the trick to doing this. Please help or point me to a post that does (I couldn't find one myself). Thanks.
1 REPLY 1

It sounds like when you received the Mathcad libraries and extension packs they came as MSI files, which are the equivalent of a CD. You can contact Mathcad customer support and let them know that your hard disk died. http://www.ptc.com/support/mathcad_contacts.htm They might be able to help you out. Mona
Top Tags