cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Installing Mathcad 14.0 M020 with Add-On Collection on 64-bit Windows 7

JohnP.Stralka
1-Newbie

I recently obtained a new work computer running 64-bit Windows 7. I have a single user license for Mathcad 14.0 with the Add-On Collection. I uninstalled Mathcad from my old 32-bi Windows XP machine. I had tremendous difficulty getting the software installed on the new machine. I also have personal license at home runing on a 64-bit Windows 7 machine that installed relatively easily and works fine, so I know it was possible. The difference is that my primary account on my home machine has full administrator privileges, whereas my work machine is much more restricted. Here's the procedure that worked for me. Hopefully, it can help somebody else.

1.) Ideally, run the entire installation from an account with full administrator privileges. However, you can run from a standard account as long as you obtain local machine administrator privileges (which is what was done here).

"*.exe" files should be run with "Run as Administrator".

"*.msi" files should be run regularly, and you'll be prompted to enter the administrator credentials.

Command line actions should be done by running "cmd.exe" with "Run as Administrator".

2.) Install (if necessary):

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x86) - "vcredist_x86"

- Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable (x64) - "vcredist_x64"

- MSXML 4.0 SP2 Parser and SDK - "msxml.msi"

3.) Run "Mathcad_14_M020_EN.exe" from the Mathcad 14.0 M020 CD and expand the files onto the hard drive into a top-level directory like "C:\PTC". Exit the installer without installing.

4.) Under "C:\PTC\Mathcad" run "Mathcad 14.0 M020.msi". Enter the Mathcad 14.0 product code, along with the S/N from an older version of Mathcad if Mathcad 14 was an upgrade. Exit without applying license file.

5.) If component registration errors are encountered during the installation, hit “OK” to step through them all. After the installation is completed, run the following in a *.bat file:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 14

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 mcformsr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 mcadr.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 matlabr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 mathcaddaqr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 htmlcomponentr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 glr.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 buttonr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 vsodbcior.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 vsimagr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 vsexcelr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 vsdataior.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 tabler.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 octreer.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 mcscriptr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 imageviewerr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 datawizardr.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 webdavr.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 mclauncherr.dll

5.) Obtain hard drive ("C:\") volume number at command prompt by typing "vol" and the Mathcad 14.0 product code from the CD. With this information, use the Mathcad Single User and Student License Call Logger on the PTC Support page (log-in required) at:

http://www.ptc.com/appserver/lm/mathcad/call_logger/callLogger.jsp

to request a new license "*.dat" file for Mathcad 14.0 and the Add-On Collection.

6.) When the license file is e-mailed, place it in "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 14\licenses". Run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 14\MCLicense\MCLicense" to register the license and enable the software.

7.) At a command prompt, run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 14\mathcad.exe /register".

8.) Extract the zip file on the Mathcad 14.0 Add-On Collection CD to "C:\PTC\Mathcad14AddonCollection". Extract the four extension packs' (Data Analysis, Image Processing, Signal Processing, and Wavelets) *.msi files into this same directory from the corresponding *.exe files. Run the remaining *.exe files to install the various handbooks. Run the extension pack *.msi files to install the extension packs. Make sure that your license file enables the Add-On Collection also. Once all the extension packs are installed, run "C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 14\EnableExtPacks.exe" from a command window.

9.) Test out Mathcad 14.0 and all the extension packs.

Uninstalling Mathcad 14.0 M020 with Add-On Collection on 64-bit Windows 7

To uninstall, uninstall each of the Add-On Collection components from the Control Panel's "Uninstall a Program" list first, then the "Mathcad 14.0 M020 Resource Center", the "Mathcad 14.0 M020 Help", and finally "Mathcad 14.0 M020". You may get un-registration errors on the last uninstall. If so, run the following in a *.bat file:

cd C:\Program Files (x86)\Mathcad\Mathcad 14

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u mcformsr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u mcadr.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u matlabr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u mathcaddaqr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u htmlcomponentr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u glr.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u buttonr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u vsodbcior.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u vsimagr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u vsexcelr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u vsdataior.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u tabler.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u octreer.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u mcscriptr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u imageviewerr.ocx

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u datawizardr.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u webdavr.dll

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\regsvr32 /u mclauncherr.dll

2 REPLIES 2

Hello,

I have the same problem in Mathcad V14 0.30

I cannot install i have this 10 messages... how can i fix this big bug ???

I may as well switch to some other program  (I used Mathcad for over 15 years from version 3).  This is not only to complicated a procedure and therefore prone to error at any point.  Why are legitimate product owners being punished for those who are using Mathcad without a license???  Plus PTC does not seem to be supporting the product without a service contract.  what? can't ever reinstall on new OS & Hard-drive with out a service contract????   To weird!

Top Tags