cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Integral Calculation

SriramVS
1-Newbie

Integral Calculation

Guys,

I have a integral caluclation to be done to calculate the profile of a tyre. I need to vary two variables namely r and alpha and need to get a graph out finally.

I tried varying "r" alone , and the equation was working perfect. But woth two variabkes varying in tandem , MathCAD isn;t able to calculate the result.

The calculation sheet is attached herewith.

9 REPLIES 9

Why would you expect a surface plot to appear on a 2D chart.

Change your definition to d(a,r):=Im(Your Integral)

Press [Ctrl]-2 (Or get a surface plot up some other way.)

Put 'd' in the place holder of the Surface Plot..

Double click the plot and Under [QuickPlotDate] change Range 1 to [43,45] and Range 2 to [209,312].

Of course you may need to change your screen resolution to 16 Bit High Color before loading the Surface Plot. (Very irritating)

Nathan ,

No I need a 2D plot with the equation result varying with "r" . But to ge the equation result , i have 2 sets of data for "Alpha" and "r" respectively whcih I need to substitute in the equation.

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:SriramVS)

Do you mean this?

Thanks , I got the solution. But I need a small tweaking here . I need the equation to pick up the "alpha" and "r" from a table (which is what i wrote as a matrix) and give the correspondign "d" value. then the graph needs to be drawn with "d" and "r" . I'm attaching the table for your reference

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:SriramVS)

I need the equation to pick up the "alpha" and "r" from a table (which is what i wrote as a matrix) and give the correspondign "d" value.

That's what it does now.

the graph needs to be drawn with "d" and "r"

The graph plots d against r

Just an observation:

You create alpha as {40,43,45} which (I assume) are angles in degrees.

But whe you specify sin(alpha) Mathcad will take these as 40 radians and you will get the sine of 40 radians.

Good catch

Although the angle appears to make little difference anyway!

Although the angle appears to make little difference anyway!

Spent some time trying to show that the angle fell out of the integral and didn't matter at all; had to stop--work keeps interrupting!

I hope not, since that's what I did with a fairly simple rotation.

I guess if you have specific requirements, a generalization is not necessarily welcome.

Top Tags