cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Integration Headache

awibroe
14-Alexandrite

Integration Headache

Hello again friends,

I have what is hopefully a simple headache in integration.

I am looking at the below and attached.

integration.1.PNG

In yellow is the integral I am trying to work out manually as I need to be able to do this in a manual way. I have tried a 'nifty' short cut in red but this is way off.

Then I have tried integrating without the upper and lower limits of the integral by rearranging, expanding the brackets, then integrating. Then replacing z for -T and resolving. Although this gives me an answer with a extra 5 in the numerator?

Any ideas where I am going wrong?

A

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Concerning your "nifty short cut" - you'll have to explain what you had in mind! Which substitution which would generate those integral limits and I guess you forgot that you have replace the dz properly as well (so you are missing a factor T).

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

basically two errors.

1) (-T)^2 is not the same as -T^2

2) -T is the lower limit, so you have to subtract the expression from 0 (sign change)

Concerning your "nifty short cut" - you'll have to explain what you had in mind! Which substitution which would generate those integral limits and I guess you forgot that you have replace the dz properly as well (so you are missing a factor T).

awibroe
14-Alexandrite
(To:Werner_E)

Cheers Werner,

A real rookie error on my part.

Andy,

mvenich
12-Amethyst
(To:awibroe)

Here's a step by step solution

step.png

Top Tags