cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Intellisense or input assistance?

rharenberg
1-Newbie

Intellisense or input assistance?

I'm just starting to play with Mathcad and I'm curious if there is any built-in intellisense or some type of input assistance that would help the user input previously defined variables.  For example: if I create a variable LtRailHt:=1, later on in the worksheet I would like to just start typing ltr... and see a dynamic assistance list as I type that helps me find those variables (regardless of the upper/lower case) - then TAB to insert it.

Currently, if I don't remember the variable I want to use - exactly as typed - I will have to go back and find it.  On a large worksheet with numerous variables being defined, this is a big drawback (in my opinion).  It seems most other programming interfaces I use nowadays have some sort of assistance while you type.  Hopefully, I just need to enable something in Mathcad to make it show.

Thanks for any help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately there is no such feature. Neither in Prime, nor in Mathcad.

I agree that this would be a handy feature, but I would not hold my breath for PTC to implement it.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Unfortunately there is no such feature. Neither in Prime, nor in Mathcad.

I agree that this would be a handy feature, but I would not hold my breath for PTC to implement it.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:rharenberg)

Mathcad is not a programming interface, nor a programming language. No intellisense therefore.

I can see the benefits of the feature, even for an application such as Mathcad. You could make it a feature request for a future release, but with the rate of updates of Prime so far it will be long before we see it being implemented.

As a work-around, you can always test if a variable is defined, by typing its (presumed) name and evaluating it. Mathcad will change the evaluation operator (=) to a definition operator (:=) if the variable is undefined. If it is defined, you might recognise it's the right one by its value shown.

Success!
Luc

> Mathcad is not a programming interface, nor a programming language. No intellisense therefore.

The free russion Mathcad clone (?) SMath Studio has a similar feature already for a long time!

Ok. Thanks for the replies.  Just wanted to make sure I'm not missing something.

Top Tags