cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Interaction between 2 MathCAD files ???

ptc-4283043
1-Newbie

Interaction between 2 MathCAD files ???

Hi,

I am trying to establish communication between 2 Mathcad files cause i would like to Mathcad file 1 to retrieve few data from MathCAD file 2.

I found that Mathcad is able to communicate with other kind of documents (like xls,word, etc) .

Any help in this direction is appreciate.

Thanks,
Arun

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Arunachalam Nagarajan wrote:

Hi,

Thanks for your quick reply.

MathCAD file 1:

E = A + B+C+D

D = 4

C=

E =

MathCAD file 2 :

C= A+B
A= 2
B =3
In the above example i would Match CAD file 1 to retrive the data from MathCAD file 2 for the variable " C" .

Thanks,
Arun

If you insert file 2 as a reference into file 1, then everything you have defined in file 2 will be available in file 1. Everything! Including A = 2 and B = 3.

Which looks like it may be a problem for you. You could write C into a text file in file 2 and read it in file 1. Short of a scripted component I don't see another way.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Hi,

I am trying to establish communication between 2 Mathcad files cause i would like to Mathcad file 1 to retrieve few data from MathCAD file 2.

I found that Mathcad is able to communicate with other kind of documents (like xls,word, etc) .

Any help in this direction is appreciate.

Thanks,
Arun

Try please Insert/Reference command.

Or do you need some others, more!?

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:ptc-4283043)

There are many ways to interact worksheets. How about posting an example for further assistance.

Mike

Hi,

MathCAD file 1:

E = A + B+C+D

D = 4

C=

E =

MathCAD file 2 :

C= A+B
A= 2
B =3
In the above example i would Match CAD file 1 to retrive the data from MathCAD file 2 for the variable " C" .

Thanks,
Arun

Hi,

MathCAD file 1:

E = A + B+C+D

D = 4

C=

E =

MathCAD file 2 :

C= A+B
A= 2
B =3

Thanks,
Arun

If you insert file 2 as a reference into file 1, then everything you have defined in file 2 will be available in file 1. Everything! Including A = 2 and B = 3.

Which looks like it may be a problem for you. You could write C into a text file in file 2 and read it in file 1. Short of a scripted component I don't see another way.

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member

As Fred as stated you could reference a Mathcad worksheet inside another, but personally I would write it to a text file or excel worksheet and call it up in the other Mathcad sheet.

Mike

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The controller and dummy worksheets I posted here might be useful to you:

http://communities.ptc.com/message/164310#164310

Top Tags