cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Your Friends List is a way to easily have access to the community members that you interact with the most! X

Intermittent File Save Issues on Network

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite

Intermittent File Save Issues on Network

We have a large number of installed users that use Mathcad 15 on a regular basis.  Just recently, a few have been noticing that selecting File|Save from the main menu is NOT saving the updates to their files.  You can imagine our concern.  It's intermittent and I cannot reproduce it myself on my desktop, but I'm hearing it from enough of our users that I think it's real.  It could very well be something to do with our environment and not be a Mathcad issue at all, but it is concerning. 

We're running Mathcad 15 M045 and one of the keys is that the attempted save it to a network drive, not a physical drive on the desktop machine.

Has anyone by any chance run across anything similar?

Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:JeffH1)

Yes, and I found where:

File Save Error (MC15).

The 'solution' may not be what you are looking for straight away, but it may be necessary...

Anyway, I hope it helps you.

Good luck!

Luc

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Hi Jeff,

Never seen this issue. Users use the "floating" type of license (if so check "Borrowing" settings in the license server)? Because under certain settings the license can return to the server.

Pic_1.png

They use the "Autosave" option (with the correct location of the file)?

Pic_2.png

Pic_3.png

JeffH1
14-Alexandrite
(To:VladimirN)

No license borrowing.  We have firmly tethered desktop machines.  License isn't dropping.   However, even if the license dropped, a message would pop up warning that the currently loaded files should be saved to disk.  This isn't happening.Mathcad is running properly and it "looks" like it is saving the file properly, but it's not actually updating the file.

Autosave is up to the users, but it has caused problems in the past so I believe most users run with it off.  I may have this user change his current autosave state and see if it helps.

VladimirN
24-Ruby II

Ok.

And PTC's tech support?

Top Tags