cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Inverse Laplace problems - MC 14 M020

tdrd
1-Newbie

Inverse Laplace problems - MC 14 M020

So I'm trying to get MC to find the time-response of a MDOF dynamic system (vibrations problem). I start by defining the transfer function in s-domain and then ask MC to find the inverse Laplace - it doesn't quite do it (see attached).

Interestingly, a friend reports that he DOES get a result on MC 13.

Ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Seems to work if you put in a partial fraction step first.

Alan

Message was edited by: AlanStevens The float 5 I used leads to some numerical inaccuracies, which is why there are some complex coefficients in the result. Changing this to, say, float 15 eliminates the complex terms. However, there are still some small amplitude (real) terms remaining that should surely be zero. Of course, you don't need to use the float command at all!.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV
(To:tdrd)

Sorry but I think answers on same questions must generate automatically - Mathcad 14/15 has new symbolic engine not from Maple but from MuPAD.

See for example http://communities.ptc.com/message/160505 and others same.

Seems to work if you put in a partial fraction step first.

Alan

Message was edited by: AlanStevens The float 5 I used leads to some numerical inaccuracies, which is why there are some complex coefficients in the result. Changing this to, say, float 15 eliminates the complex terms. However, there are still some small amplitude (real) terms remaining that should surely be zero. Of course, you don't need to use the float command at all!.

Top Tags