cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get an answer that solved your problem? Please mark it as an Accepted Solution so others with the same problem can find the answer easily. X

InverseFunction [fonction réciproque]

jeanGiraud
1-Newbie

InverseFunction [fonction réciproque]

Mathcad 11.2a [jmG]

6 REPLIES 6
MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

Jean,

M14 doesn't like the root function, is attached.

Mike

MIke Armstrong wrote:

Jean,

M14 doesn't like the root function, is attached.

Mike

I knew, Alavaro reported the same and from recollection he had a trick.

Jean

MikeArmstrong
5-Regular Member
(To:jeanGiraud)

Would you dare telling your client(s) to scrap the

work they have paid for and get nothing working ?

Jean,

Have you ever heard the old saying "the customer is always right"?

I never really used Mathcad 11 and haven't got a copy, but by all reports it seems the best release to date. I can't understand why Mathcad Prime has taken a step towards being like all Microsoft Office Products. While I like some of the new functions in Prime, I also like how unique Mathcad was compared to other software packages.

Is Mathcad developing the way the user want or PTC wants?

Mike

Mike,
Your comment about Mathcad 14 allergic to the root function should warn PTC that it might be a bug affecting the pure and applied maths. The root function is an analytical solver of major importance in Engineering works. Mathcad 11 includes 17 statistical functions [Density, Cumulative, quantiles]. There are > 120 statistical functions, none can be discarded. That some aren't so common than others does not indicates they shouldn't be used or ignored. Then, if Mathcad 14 does not support the root function, it excludes all non-built-in statistical functions. Admitted, not all will go as easily as the attached example.
"Le client a toujours raison"
Jean

Jean,

The root function exists in Mathcad 14, 15, and yet to be released Mathcad Prime 1.0.

Mathcad 15 is just complaining that when you use root symbolically, you need 4 arguments rather than 2 as when you use root numerically.

All the statistical functions work in Mathcad 14, 15, and Prime 1.0.

Mona

Mona Zeftel wrote:

Jean,

The root function exists in Mathcad 14, 15, and yet to be released Mathcad Prime 1.0.

Mathcad 15 is just complaining that when you use root symbolically, you need 4 arguments rather than 2 as when you use root numerically.

All the statistical functions work in Mathcad 14, 15, and Prime 1.0.

Mona

Mona,

As per Mike report that the Mathcad 11 root function is red in 14, the task is then for PTC or yourself is to repost the 14 working setup in the attached sheet.

Top Tags