cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is it a bug of MC15M030?

zhulaojianke
2-Guest

Is it a bug of MC15M030?

I want plot a matrix with two columns which contains a NaN point by 2D line plot in MC15M030, and like the picture below:

2014-07-16_232115.jpg

the last two points has not line between them, and when I change the order of the two points,

2014-07-16_232748.jpg

then the line appears. And I try to plot the first picture in MC11, the result is right.

2014-07-16_230352.jpg

Is it a bug of MC15M030?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I would call it a bug, yes.

The problem is not primarily the order. I think rather the problem occurs when there is the very same point before and after the NaN's.

Nevertheless I agree that it should work.

A workaround is to set the trace type frome "lines" to "draw", but you loose the points at the vertices if you do.

Ad MC11: I thought NaN was not available there?

EDIT: Ah, think NaN was introduced with MC 11.1, right?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

I would call it a bug, yes.

The problem is not primarily the order. I think rather the problem occurs when there is the very same point before and after the NaN's.

Nevertheless I agree that it should work.

A workaround is to set the trace type frome "lines" to "draw", but you loose the points at the vertices if you do.

Ad MC11: I thought NaN was not available there?

EDIT: Ah, think NaN was introduced with MC 11.1, right?

Werner Exinger 编写:

Oh! It works! Very thank you Werner. I have read a datasets with some NaN points and plotted it in line on MC, and I don't want any break in the line, and then found this matter.

" I think rather the problem occurs when there is the very same point before and after the NaN's.", yes, it really the matter.

I tried a few variations, and I think It's not the befroe and after NAN coordinate values per se, but rather the physical separation of the points on the resulting screen plot. For the same before and after coordinates, the resulting plot shows only one point of the second line segment regardless of plot size. When the before and after coordinates define distinct points, the second line segment will be plotted if the before and after points are "sufficiently" apart. This depend on the plot size and scale, as the plots in the attached file show. Two plots of the same vectors, differning in plot size only, show different results.

There is no bug in mcd11.2a at all as far as I've seen here (and in using it for many years). The results shown are in mcd15-M020.

LouP
10-Marble
(To:LouP)

Forgot attachment - Lou

Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:LouP)

Lou Poulo wrote:

I tried a few variations, and I think It's not the befroe and after NAN coordinate values per se, but rather the physical separation of the points on the resulting screen plot. For the same before and after coordinates, the resulting plot shows only one point of the second line segment regardless of plot size. When the before and after coordinates define distinct points, the second line segment will be plotted if the before and after points are "sufficiently" apart. This depend on the plot size and scale, as the plots in the attached file show. Two plots of the same vectors, differning in plot size only, show different results.

Intersting discovery.

There is no bug in mcd11.2a at all as far as I've seen here (and in using it for many years).

Yes, the OP has shown that, too.

But I doubt that its very likely to fall into that trap as it usually doesn't make much sense to separate equal (or nearly equal) points by NaN's.

Top Tags