cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is it possible that PTC products will even work together??

jclemons
1-Newbie

Is it possible that PTC products will even work together??

I am just saying.  they buy companies and then the packages don't work together.  Like what happened to cocreate???  I've been working on other projects and now need to integrate drawings (like Imagination Engineer can do) with Mathcad (any version will work but would prefer 14) but due to packaging & of course License issues I can't load older version of product that work with a drawing program like Imagination Engineer??? 

4 REPLIES 4

One of (if not the major) reason for Prime was/is to integrate with Creo.

If (like me) you played with Mathcad and SmartSketch, the new versions would be way too complex to bother with.

Guessing we had head in sand???   So, legacy 14 is off the table??

Thanks for your update on PTC policy.  Software releases have both advantages and disadvantages.  One gets entrenched in a certain version then at some point "rug" (sort of speak) get pulled out.  Our "error" was doing OS update then having OS issues that invalided our 14 version.  Oh, well time to dig in and figure out other solutions.  Turns out one can't even reload and activate the 14 as PTC has no (cost effective) method to do so that we have figured out yet??  WE have same PC with new hard drive (HD)  (thank goodness we saved but upgraded original NON properly functioning HD, at least we can get the files off it.)

Again thanks.  And have a great week.

Jeff

Well, there's some good news!

Mathcad 15 is alive and well, it reads and writes the same files as version 14. (Imagine that, software that's actually backwards compatible!!)

And the really neat thing:

It order to convert your legacy files into Prime, you MUST have 15 on your computer.  So when you buy Prime you get a fully licensed fully functional Mathcad 15 at no extra charge!

Now, Prime is (slowly) gaining in functionality; there are some newer features that could be claimed to be superior.  And Prime 4.0 is claiming to have graphing capability "as good as" 15.  (They're importing an application.)

Whether you choose to use Prime or not, if you buy it all of your version 14 files will be executable (in version 15.)  "Buy this Volkswagon, we'll throw this Porsche in for free."

And Prime 4.0 is claiming to have graphing capability "as good as" 15.

Sorry, but that was taken off the table for 4.0.

Top Tags