cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can subscribe to a forum, label or individual post and receive email notifications when someone posts a new topic or reply. Learn more! X

Is it possible to improve this worksheet

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Is it possible to improve this worksheet

I have a worksheet where I want to create a score on basis of a certain RPM. However, the number of RPM can differ depending on the duration of the experiment. In the worksheet I only have 4 different RPM but it can go as high as 8. Is it possible to write a program that automatically, based upon the number of different RPM, would give a number starting with 0 for the lowest RPM and increase the score by 1 for each increase in RPM?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:FDS)

Yes, you are right. I was too quickly glancing over your routine in my first attempt - sorry.

I was not taking into account, that you are looking for values inbetween two RPM values.

This should do the job, though:

Regards

Werner

EDIT: I changed the routine so that you don't have to call it twice later and showed how to use line() instead of linefit().

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
ValeryOchkov
24-Ruby IV

I think better to use medfit not line function

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Are you looking for something like this:

BTW, you may also use line() instead of linefit. It may be more convenient to get slope and intercept.

WE

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:Werner_E)

Werner, thank you for your reply. However, your approach does not give a score to each RPM. I have added the worksheet so you can see the difference.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

Yes, you are right. I was too quickly glancing over your routine in my first attempt - sorry.

I was not taking into account, that you are looking for values inbetween two RPM values.

This should do the job, though:

Regards

Werner

EDIT: I changed the routine so that you don't have to call it twice later and showed how to use line() instead of linefit().

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Werner, thanks that is exactly what I was looking for. I appreciate your tutoring.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

You are welcome.

I just noticed, that you could access the data value more natural using the two matrix indices and that in Mathcad we can combine the two inequalities into one using standard math notation.

FDS
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst

Thanks, that is indeed more natural.

Top Tags