cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

Is it possible to represent the symbolic eqn in terms of other argument?

sfan
1-Newbie

Is it possible to represent the symbolic eqn in terms of other argument?

Hi, guys,

Capture.JPG

for the vibration, how to represent U/U0 in terms of r, where r is equal to w/wn, and wn=(k/m)^1/2, as the natural frequency?

Please see the attachment.

Thank you in advance.

May the force be with you!

Shawn

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:sfan)

I can't read your worksheet, because it's in Prime 3.1 format, and the picture is clearly not the entire worksheet, but you can rewrite your final expression using the substitute keyword. Since r=w/wn, w=r*wn. So use the substitute keyword with w=r*wn. You can then use the substitute keyword again, with wn=(k/m)^1/2.

Edit. Actually, just change you second line to be w:=r*wn. Then the final line should evaluate the way you want.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

I can't read your worksheet, because it's in Prime 3.1 format, and the picture is clearly not the entire worksheet, but you can rewrite your final expression using the substitute keyword. Since r=w/wn, w=r*wn. So use the substitute keyword with w=r*wn. You can then use the substitute keyword again, with wn=(k/m)^1/2.

Edit. Actually, just change you second line to be w:=r*wn. Then the final line should evaluate the way you want.

sfan
1-Newbie
(To:RichardJ)

Sorry that I made a mistake about the subscript, Fred got me corrected.

Fred_Kohlhepp
23-Emerald I

You have p with two subscripts--0 (zero) and o.  Your picture doesn't give enough information to address the problem.

I just did it MC15 and it worked like Richard had suggested (don't think that p.0 vs p.o was done on purpose):

sfan
1-Newbie
(To:Werner_E)

Yep, I just tried it in Prime, works too.

Thank you

Yes, I made a mistake...

Sorry that I got overwhelmed but the mid term yesterday night.

Yours answer got me the desired result.

Thank you, Fred,

You are always helpful!

Top Tags