cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Have a PTC product question you need answered fast? Chances are someone has asked it before. Learn about the community search. X

Is there a reason for : "All evaluations resulted in either an error or a complex result." ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Is there a reason for : "All evaluations resulted in either an error or a complex result." ?

Hello, Everyone.

(1).PNG

Regards.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
ViktorKorobov
13-Aquamarine
(To:lvl107)

Hello, Loi Le

Test_a.png

Viktor

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
ViktorKorobov
13-Aquamarine

Hello, Loi Le

Test_a.png

Viktor
lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:ViktorKorobov)

Many thanks, Viktor. . And I still have a small query:

(2).PNG

Regards.

Loi. 

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

OMG, after all those questions you posed in that forum, and all the answers you got, do you still believe, that the following equation is correct

or do you really still believe that Mathcad is capable of handling those ambiguities correctly and is a suitable tool to deal with that kind of calculations?

The equation is NOT correct (its missing an infinite number of "solutions"

->

and Mathcad sure is NOT a tool which deals with that kind of calculations in a satisfactory way.

You must accept those facts at last!!

All the following results are correct, but Mathcad is picking just one of the infinite number of possible correct results. Finally thats (again!) the reason for your "problem". You won't get a real result from your integral if Mathcad picks the "wrong" (in fact its not wrong) value.

So calculate your integral yourself by hand, replace i*x in the exponent by i*(x+k*2 pi) and see where you get.

WE

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:Werner_E)

I greatly appreciate your spending time for my question, Werner.

(4).PNG

Best Regards.

Loi.

Werner_E
24-Ruby V

OK, X-Mas is near and so you should get a "solution" for your specific "problem". Keep in mind that this solution might not apply to other similar "problems".

In your case adding a constant (you may see it as a constant of integration) does the job pretty well, but in other cases you probably would need to add a different constant depending on the value of x because Mathcad is choosing different (all correct) solutions from the infinite number depending on x as explained above.

So its not a solution, just a cosmetic to make you happy 😉

BTW, it seems to be your destiny to run into problems with ambiguities. While most of the time you struggle with the ambiguity when dealing with complex numbers, this time its (additionally) the ambiguity of the indefinite integral which again has an infinite number of "solutions".

Merry Christmas!

Werner

-MFra-
21-Topaz II

risposta 1.jpg

Top Tags