cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Is there a separate Customs Worksheet package that can be purchased?

RL_4519794
3-Visitor

Is there a separate Customs Worksheet package that can be purchased?

I dont need all the worksheets in the expensive Vol.1 Worksheets, I just want to see the Custom functions such as matrices to c-code. Are  any of these free anywhere or can the custom functions package be purchased separately?

4 REPLIES 4

Hi,

This will show you how to get matrices in Prime or Mathcad to C++ code

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS167203

Article - CS167203
How to create custom functions using C or C++ programs in Mathcad and Mathcad Prime
Modified: 31-Mar-2020
Applies To
Mathcad 14.0 to 15.0
Mathcad Prime 1.0 to 6.0
Description
How to create custom functions using C or C++ programs?
How to build Mathcad DLLs in order to create custom function?
Is it possible to use the custom function in Mathcad Prime?

Cheers

Terry

@terryhendicott wrote:

Hi,

This will show you how to get matrices in Prime or Mathcad to C++ code

https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS167203

Unfortunately the only "information" this support article gives is the suggestion to use the help. I am not sure if this is that helpful enough. Here it is:

Resolution

Thanks for the responses, PTC help not that usable here. Opinion: You would think that if its in a worksheet package summary, there would be actual worksheets. But all there seems to be is this description of an article that provides no actual article or link to a much more detailed article. I assume you have to buy the whole Vol.1 worksheet package to actually get the information at a cost similar to Prime's base cost.

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:RL_4519794)

I shouldn't think that you would find much information on Custom (.DLL) Functions in a package loaded with (Prime) worksheets. Writing custom functions has little to do with ordinary usage of Prime through it's worksheets. The purpose is to extend Prime with your own functions written in a standard (usually C, or C++) programming language, with functionality that cannot be implemented using Prime's worksheet functions and operators, or would become too slow.

Note that all the information you need for writing a Custom Function is in the online reference for Prime (at least, it is for Prime 4).

Here's a part:

LucMeekes_0-1623520676120.png

Essentially it is no different from writing a custom (.dll) function for Mathcad 11...15.

Some (C) programming experience is required though.

Study the example for 'multiply', then you should be able to write your own function.

In case you get stuck, come to this forum for help.

Success!
Luc

Top Tags