cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Is there a version of Imagination Engineer LE that works with Mathcad version 14

jclemons
1-Newbie

Is there a version of Imagination Engineer LE that works with Mathcad version 14

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
RichardJ
19-Tanzanite
(To:jclemons)

Yes, I would say this is answered.

If you decide to use scripting, use vbscript. That's simply because it's what everyone else is using.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

Ask please by the developer!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

The name of the later versions of that software is SmartSketch. I believe it does work with MC14, but you should check with Intergraph.

Thanks.  I do recall hearing about that product some time ago.  But simply have not followed up yet   Was able to use the Imagination Engineer LE (many years ago) and also the co-create product more recently.  Was sort of expecting  a cross functionality to be between Co-create and Mathcad when I heard about PTC purchase of Mathcad.  But alas nothing so far???  Unless I missed that event??  Again thanks, for your attention to this most trivial matter.  Have a great week!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Insert Component in Mathcad 15:

Note the final entry.

Okay, I have seen that screen before.  Can it link to other programs from PTC or others?   I would like to become more knowledgeable about these "links" between programs.  I remember a meeting (many years ago and readings too) that pointed out the usefulness of these kinds of functionality.  Might have even attempted them but memory not that clean about this subject now.  Did the Mathcad version before PTC use these setting too???  Sort a Like embedding a picture in a word processing doc so that the picture can be updated and when the doc is opened the next time one gets the "new" picture or information for that matter.  OLE that's it??

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Yes, it's OLE, and all these options were implemented by Mathsoft. PTC has added nothing to Mathcad other than some bug fixes. They have put all their effort into Mathcad Prime. These components are specific implementations of embedded objects,and you can't just add more yourself, except to the extent that you can embed any compliant application as a scriptable object, and then write vbscript or jscript to handle the details. You can embed a SmartSketch object, and it appears as a drawing in the Mathcad worksheet. You can then link Mathcad variables to the driving dimensions of the SmartSketch object as inputs, and (I think) also to any other dimension as an output. I haven't used the feature for many years, because I'm concerned about obsolescence of the worksheet.

Super.  Have been looking at the Mathcad help files this morning.   Looks like I should have gone there first.  Sorry if I have wasted any ones time???  Plus I going to have to learn about these scripting options and which one is best.  I don't have a specific application in mind so will be inventing something as a test use case.

Thanks again and have a great week.  Should we consider this question answered????

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

Yes, I would say this is answered.

If you decide to use scripting, use vbscript. That's simply because it's what everyone else is using.

Yes, I am investigating the control items from the insert menu, this morning.  My only issue is finding the time to work with these enough for it to be useful.

It looks pretty "easy" I have already modified the List box to provide additional entries and will go from there.  I like the way it takes English words for the numbers and converts then into digits for the assigned variable.  Could make it easier for people to edit and provide variable assignment etc.

Again thanks for all you help and encouragement!

RichardJ
19-Tanzanite

There is a large number of examples here: Extra Components and Controls

Not all of them work with Windows 8 or 10. I really need to update the worksheet, but never find the time.

Some time ago I worked fine with Mathcad 15 and some old version of SmartSketch.

Top Tags