cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Is there a way to transform the continued fraction ?

lvl107
20-Turquoise

Is there a way to transform the continued fraction ?

Hello, Everyone.

Transform.PNG

Is there a way to transform LHS to RHS ?

Thanks in advance for your time and help.

Regards.

Message was edited by: Loi Le

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Oh, I forgot to tell that you must to provide the transformation sequence ci for get the generalized from the canonical expansion. If not, there are a lot of chances to get any sequence. The canonical is unique, the generalized not.

Hope this helps.

cf.gif

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Sure. By a theorem. First, notice that RHS isn't a continued fraction, is a generalized one. What you show is a special case of the equivalence transformation, making ci=1. See Generalized continued fraction - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Regards.

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:lvl107)

I'm sorry, my question should be :

a change.PNG

How to make a change from the continued fraction to the generalized continued fraction ?

Best Regards.

Here a way.

Regards.

ContFrac.gif

lvl107
20-Turquoise
(To:AlvaroDíaz)

I greatly appreciate your time and help, Alvaro.   And I have a similar question is :

(3).PNG

Is it possible to create a program function with the input and output like as the above or a similar ?

Regards.

Yep. Here it is. I know that in prime there are a function for hidding symbolics values, but don't remember which.

Best regards.

cf.gif

Oh, I forgot to tell that you must to provide the transformation sequence ci for get the generalized from the canonical expansion. If not, there are a lot of chances to get any sequence. The canonical is unique, the generalized not.

Hope this helps.

cf.gif

Top Tags