cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

Is there any programme available to solve 2-D heat transfer and heat generation Mathcad ?

ppandarkar-2
15-Moonstone

Is there any programme available to solve 2-D heat transfer and heat generation Mathcad ?

Hi..

Is there any programe available for 2 dimensional heat transfer and heat generation to refer.

or I found one matlab programe but not able to convert it into Mathcad.

So please can someone help me to convert this matlab programe to mathcad.

I have attached the matlab programme.

Thanks,

Prashant Pandarkar

6 REPLIES 6

Look up multigrid in Help.  You should find an example of 2D heat flow in a plate.   Which version of Mathcad are you using?

Stuart

Hi..

I am using Mathcad Prime 2.0. please can you help me to create attached programme.

Prashant

prashant pandarkar wrote:

Hi..

I am using Mathcad Prime 2.0. please can you help me to create attached programme.

Prashant

Unfortunately, I'm using Prime 3.1, so I can't save it in a worksheet you could read.  I'd have to do it in Mathcad 15 and then you'd have to import it. I may be able to find some time later to have a look at your document. Have you looked at multigrid?

Stuart

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:ppandarkar-2)

This would be a translation of the Matlab script, into a function for Mathcad:

Then, with the definition of an initial temperature profile T, we get the following result:

Which stretches out to the 141'th column:

Unfortunately I cannot show any 3D plot, I have a screen where I cannot switch hardware acceleration Off (nor On...)

Considering you have Prime 2, you should have Mathcad 15 installed, so you can open the attached Mathcad 11 file, save it as Mathcad 15 file and then convert it to your Prime from within Prime.

Success!

Luc

{corrected attachment}

{ah, on some occasions I get lucky.... and a 3D plot}

LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:LucMeekes)

There may be an error in my translation (Matlab to MathCad), or the Matlab script algorithm isn't right, but I expect a symmetrical solution for such a symmetrical problem.

Top Tags