cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - If community subscription notifications are filling up your inbox you can set up a daily digest and get all your notifications in a single email. X

Isolate

kenan2
12-Amethyst

Isolate

hi, how can I isolate V?

It give me a answer in matrix but I want it in m/s.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

...and in Prime:

050618.png

Viktor

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
LucMeekes
23-Emerald III
(To:kenan2)

You're trying to symbolically solve this. NOTE that the symbolic processor of Mathcad (and Prime) does NOT know about units. It treats your units m, s and kg as unknown variables, and also the gravitation g. That's why it produces answers in terms of root of kg and root of g.

One way of obtaining a simple answer is to use the root function:

LM_20180604_Isolate.png

Not that it does not give you units in the result, even though it's the result of a pure numeric approximation.

If you want to work symbolically, then FIRST solve your symbolic problem, then if necessary select the symbolic solution you prefer, then provide the data:

LM_20180604_IsolateSymb.png

Success!
Luc

...and in Prime:

050618.png

Viktor
Werner_E
24-Ruby V
(To:kenan2)

Apart from using the symbolic "solve" in conjunction with "assume, ALL>0" and the "root command you could also use a solve block.

Note that root and solve block are numeric methods which is the reason that you have to assign m a value (or label m as unit) - otherwise the numerics will throw an error.

B.PNG

Top Tags