cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - When posting, your subject should be specific and summarize your question. Here are some additional tips on asking a great question. X

Issue with Greek characters in Mathcad 15.0

koreyrendo
1-Newbie

Issue with Greek characters in Mathcad 15.0

Greek characters will not show up in Mathcad 15.0 when I enter them. Everytime I try to insert a character, what looks like a math region with a blue line that goes on forever shows up.

Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

Korey

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Korey,

We haven't seen this issue in awhile. It happens if the Mathcad UniMath font is missing or corrupted. It used to happen if you uninstalled a later version of Mathcad, then it broke an earlier version. Did you uninstall Mathcad 15?

I suggest running Repair from the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Mathcad 15.

You could also try reinstalling just the Mathcad UniMath font.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the Symbol font. It may be missing or corrupted.

If you are still having problems, please write back and include your system information (OS and service pack) and what your video/graphics card drivers are.

Regards,

Mona

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Korey,

We haven't seen this issue in awhile. It happens if the Mathcad UniMath font is missing or corrupted. It used to happen if you uninstalled a later version of Mathcad, then it broke an earlier version. Did you uninstall Mathcad 15?

I suggest running Repair from the Control Panel > Programs and Features > Mathcad 15.

You could also try reinstalling just the Mathcad UniMath font.

If that doesn't work, try reinstalling the Symbol font. It may be missing or corrupted.

If you are still having problems, please write back and include your system information (OS and service pack) and what your video/graphics card drivers are.

Regards,

Mona

Mona,

Thank you very much for the recommendations.

Apparently I did not properly uninstall Mathcad 14.0 as there was a folder still on my hard drive for that version.

After uninstalling Mathcad 15.0 and then deleting the Mathcad 14.0 folder I reinstalled Mathcad 15.0 and resolved the issue.

Thanks again!

Korey

Top Tags